British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Advice on one way flights please. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/advice-one-way-flights-please-603188/)

ziggi Apr 13th 2009 2:05 am

Advice on one way flights please.

Well, things have moved SO fast for Em and I, both our work visa's granted in 7 days, yes '7 days'. Our EOI has just been granted so we are waiting for the letter of invite.:thumbsup:
We now live in Whangarei and love it, but we need to return to the UK to sort some stuff out. So were going to go back late August, but a while ago there was a thread on here that advised cheap 20% off one way flights from Air NZ, but I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone offer a link, or can someone shead some light on the offer?

Any advise helpful.

Thanks

Andy

sparkie down under Apr 13th 2009 3:23 am

Re: Advice on one way flights please.

why would you want a one way flight? Aren't you coming back???

Stoof Apr 13th 2009 8:19 pm

it's one of the other nz expat sites - sorry can't remember which one!?

have you tried kayak.com - think that's where we found ours this time?

shirl Apr 13th 2009 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by ziggi (Post 7474678)
Well, things have moved SO fast for Em and I, both our work visa's granted in 7 days, yes '7 days'. Our EOI has just been granted so we are waiting for the letter of invite.:thumbsup:
We now live in Whangarei and love it, but we need to return to the UK to sort some stuff out. So were going to go back late August, but a while ago there was a thread on here that advised cheap 20% off one way flights from Air NZ, but I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone offer a link, or can someone shead some light on the offer?

Any advise helpful.

Thanks

Andy

Try Air New Zealand blackboard deals or grabaseat on Thursdays where they have one day $1 auctions. The other ex pat site I think was mov**** where you typed in mov**** in the promotion box I think. Hope that helps. You would be better getting a return ticket if you intend on coming back though! Good luck

hosebergine Apr 14th 2009 4:30 pm

not sure it will work for one way NZ to UK but the promo code emigrat**** works a treat, saved us £330 for our July flights

ziggi Apr 18th 2009 12:37 am

Originally Posted by ziggi (Post 7474678)

Any advise helpful.

Thanks

Andy

Sorry, slight confusion on my part. We are returning to the UK using our return tickets that got us here, the one-way flight we need is from UK back to NZ.
I'm only aware of this Ex-pats site, so I was sure I was reading about it on here; but I'll look around.
@ hosebergine.
What site would I enter the promo code you gave, is it an Air NZ one?

Thanks for the tips and advice, I'll follow them all up.

Andy

P2L Apr 18th 2009 6:51 am

Originally Posted by ziggi (Post 7489853)
Sorry, slight confusion on my part. We are returning to the UK using our return tickets that got us here, the one-way flight we need is from UK back to NZ.
I'm only aware of this Ex-pats site, so I was sure I was reading about it on here; but I'll look around.
@ hosebergine.

Thanks for the tips and advice, I'll follow them all up.

Andy

Is this it??
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=flights

hosebergine Apr 18th 2009 8:44 am

Originally Posted by ziggi (Post 7489853)

certainly is, I only found a few dates we couldn't get a discount on - best of luck:thumbsup:

ziggi Apr 19th 2009 3:42 am

Originally Posted by P2L (Post 7490231)

That's the one, thankyou.

Has anyone used kayak.com for purchasing flights? Only reason I ask is that they are stating a VERY good cost for flights. We've been quoted 520 GBP for oneway, and kayak quote 690 GBP for a year return ticket (UK - NZ - UK) Thinking of doing that IF, they are a known company, we could fly back to UK to see family the following year; MAYBE.

Thanks again.

Andy & Em

Mgee Apr 19th 2009 10:56 am

Hi all,
quote from Mov****:

"We had a great promotion through Air New Zealand for discounts on one-way flights, but it ran out on the 28th Feb and we haven't been able yet to open discussions on another promotion."

posted by Mike, one of the admins (1st March 2009).

I haven't seen any new discounts advertised on their pages after that, except for a link to Air New Zealand's own webpages advertising their current offers (http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/ :(

Mgee

julesnye Apr 21st 2009 10:37 am

I'd try travelsupermarket, got a single ticket 562 with korean airlines:thumbsup: