Reload this Page >

Advice on Nursing Jobs and Health Visitor roles

Advice on Nursing Jobs and Health Visitor roles

Old May 12th 2016, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

DonnaZoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Advice on Nursing Jobs and Health Visitor roles

Hi!

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area but I could really do with some advice for anyone who has worked as a health visitor in the UK and how you have found a similar role in NZ. I'm NMC registered Adult nurse and thinking about possible roles I could apply for.

Also, what are the processes in terms of application? Are UK NMC nurse qualifications recognised in NZ and have current nurses in NZ had to undergo any exams etc to be accepted for work in NZ. Sorry for all the questions but any info or signposting would greatly be appreciated.

Wanting to work in NZ either temp or permanent, no fixed location although I have friends in Christcurch, who unfortunately know nothing about nursing.

Thanks in advance
Old May 12th 2016, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Nursing Jobs and Health Visitor roles

First thing you need to do is register with the NZ nursing council

http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/Nurses/International-registration

Also talk to accent health recruitment they are NZ based and can give you info ( and they are free)
Old May 13th 2016, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Nursing Jobs and Health Visitor roles

Hi, the Health Visitor equivalent service here is Plunket (google it). Plunket provides a universal well child service very similar to UK HV's. Plunket nurses are registered nurses who then undertake the post graduate certificate in well child health. The training is provided by Plunket and is undertaken alongside working for the organisation. So no student loans - always a bonus.
The difficulty is that Plunket nursing is not seen as a nursing shortage area, and therefore you'd need to get NZNC registration and uplift a visa without a job offer, and then apply when you arrived here alongside however many other NZ registered nurses apply for any jobs that come up. Having said that there are regularly Plunket nurse positions come up in Auckland - but a Plunket nurse salary won't go far when looking at house prices in Auckland! I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about the job. Hope that helps.