Reload this Page >

Advice Needed Please...

Advice Needed Please...

Old Sep 17th 2012, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Tamariki2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Advice Needed Please...

Hi All,

Just come across this site and thought i'd post a few questions I have. My husband and I are thinking about moving to New Zealand next year. We are both 30, have jobs we enjoy (engineer & marketing) but there's that niggle that we would love to move to New Zealand and I doubt it is going to go away any time soon!

Wondered if you could provide some feedback on some of your experiences of making the move.

1) What's the job market like at the moment in particular for mechanical engineering and marketing specifically PR?
2) How easy is it to transport a dog... we can't leave our little cocker spaniel
3) Any shocks to the system?

We both travelled around New Zealand a few years ago and have extended family there but it has been a while so thoughts around anything would be appreciated as this is a big decision for us.

Thank you,

Gemma
Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:44 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Needed Please...

first you need to find out what visa's you would need to apply under. look on the immigration site

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

as for transporting animals many have done it you need to adhere to some rules, have the animal vaccinated against certain diseases.
have a look here on what you need to do

http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/enter/personal/pets

cost for carriers differs so that is something you would have to look at yourself. There are a few threads on here with peoples experiences and recommendations so do a search.

Good luck, it can be a long and frustrating road but if its something you really want to do a little bit of work and frustration soon fades