ADVICE NEEDED

Old Sep 30th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

sananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation ADVICE NEEDED

HI - WE ARE LOOKING TO MOVE TO NZ FOR GOOD AND TRYING TO SUS OUT THE BEST ROUTE TO TAKE - MY HUSBAND IS A CLASS 1 DRIVER WHICH IS ONLY ON THE SHORT TERM LIST SO THATS NO GOOD UNLESS HE GOT A JOB OFFER FROM AN ACCREDIATED EMPLOYER WITH A WAGE OF $50,000 (NOT MUCH CHANCE OF THAT!!) HE IS ALSO JUST TAKING A CITY AND GUILDS COURSE IN PAINTING AND DECORATING WHICH IS ON THE SKILLED MIGRANTS LIST BUT DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE NZ LEVEL 4 IS IN COMPARISON TO THE UK QUALIFICATION. WE ARE 48 YEARS OLD AND NOW GETTING DESPERATE TO GET THE POINTS TOGETHER TO GET OVER. ANY ADVICE MUCH APPRECIATED.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of
Default Re: ADVICE NEEDED

Take a look at this thread. Hope it helps.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=jill1420

Jill
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

sananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura about

THANX FOR THAT IT WAS VERY INTERESTING - SO AS USUAL TRUCKERS ARE GETTING A RAW DEAL , IT SEEMS IT TENDS TO BE THE SAME THE WORLD OVER UNLESS YOUR LUCKY AND GET A GOOD EMPLOYER. ANYONE GOT ANY INFO ON THE PAINING AND DCORATING? CHEERS
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

ANY ADVICE OUT THERE YET ON THE PAINTING AND DECORATING ROUTE INTO NZ PLEASE
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:40 pm
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice

I had my Advanced City Guilds assessed as a Level 4 in Carpentry and Joinery, I'm not totally sure but I think the points go down above the age of 45,you maybe better off going on a work permit and trying to find work while there then apply for your visa.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: ADVICE NEEDED

THANX FOR THAT INFO HEAL - SO ARE WE RIGHT IN THINKING THAT A CITY AND GUILDS PAINTING AND DECORATING LEVEL 4 HERE IS EQUAL TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF NZ IMMIGRATION LEVEL 4 NZ FOR A SKILLED MIGRANT -THEN WHEN WE GO BACK TO NZ AND GET A JOB WITH A WORK VISA THEN PUT IN AN EOI WE SHOULD GET 50 POINTS FOR OFFER OF SKILLED EMPLOYMENT FOR LESS THAN 12 MONTHS, 50 FOR RECOGNISED TRADE QUALIFICATION AND 10 FOR BEING AGED BETWEEN 45-49. SO THAT WOULD BE 110 POINTS IN TOTAL. CANT CLAIM POINTS FOR WORK EXPERIENCE EVEN THOUGH HAVE ACUALLY BEEN DOING DECORATING JOBS FOR YEARS BUT HAVE JUST GOT C + G . DONT KNOW IF COULD GET PONTS FOR ANTHING ELSE BUT WOULD THIS BE ENOUGH FOR EOI?
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD COMPANIES AROUND THE BAY OF PLENTY EMPLOYING IN THIS FIELD?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:08 pm
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice

Not sure what city and guilds level 4 is classed as,I did my advanced City and Guilds with an indentured apprenticeship and this was assessed as a NZ Level 4 which is enough to apply without a job offer.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

maysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura about

try to get in touch with NZQA and they will let you know
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sananddave
HI - WE ARE LOOKING TO MOVE TO NZ FOR GOOD AND TRYING TO SUS OUT THE BEST ROUTE TO TAKE - MY HUSBAND IS A CLASS 1 DRIVER WHICH IS ONLY ON THE SHORT TERM LIST SO THATS NO GOOD UNLESS HE GOT A JOB OFFER FROM AN ACCREDIATED EMPLOYER WITH A WAGE OF $50,000 (NOT MUCH CHANCE OF THAT!!) HE IS ALSO JUST TAKING A CITY AND GUILDS COURSE IN PAINTING AND DECORATING WHICH IS ON THE SKILLED MIGRANTS LIST BUT DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE NZ LEVEL 4 IS IN COMPARISON TO THE UK QUALIFICATION. WE ARE 48 YEARS OLD AND NOW GETTING DESPERATE TO GET THE POINTS TOGETHER TO GET OVER. ANY ADVICE MUCH APPRECIATED.
my husband is a class 1 driver he flew to nz, secured a job driving within 3 weeks. The family flew out 4 weeks later (4 kids, 2 dogs and a cat). Getting the job allowed him to have a work visa, initially for one year. After a year he renewed this visa for a 2 year visa and then his company wanted to keep him so offered him a work to residence visa. (Which we did not take).

A Level 4 qualification.
Level 4
BTEC HNDs and HNCs

BTEC Professional Diplomas, Certificates and Awards

These qualifications are higher than A levels and lower than a degree, but are equivalent to the New Zealand qualifications.
I hope this helps
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Hi Heavenlyscent,

Where have you settled? Hows things going?

We are in the same position without cat. Just waiting on HGV job offer for hubby then we are on our way.

Jill
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jill1420
Hi Heavenlyscent,

Where have you settled? Hows things going?

We are in the same position without cat. Just waiting on HGV job offer for hubby then we are on our way.

Jill

Hi we were in Rotorua, lovely place but NZ was not for us after 18 months. We r now back in Grimsby in the UK but don't let that put u off. Transpercific are always looking for HGV drivers. They are an australian company who have just taken (weel about a year ago) over all the septic tank companies on the north island of NZ. The may well be worth approaching. Hope it all goes well for u
Best Wishes
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: ADVICE NEEDED

Thankyou so much for your stories and advice - we visited NZ and ended up going back to Rotorua on a 6 months visitors visa with a view to trying to stay for good with my hubby working as a HGV driver - there were offers of jobs although not so much in Rotorua with there being mainly tourist trade so we found that the best closest area was in Tauranga for the best work but unless an accrediated employer was found there was no way that we could stay longer than 3 years so as we are already getting on age wise and needed a more secure future we decided to come back and try and get a skill on the skilled migrants list - hence now getting city and guilds level 4 and hope that gets us over cause we love the place.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Heavenlyscent
Hi we were in Rotorua, lovely place but NZ was not for us after 18 months. We r now back in Grimsby in the UK but don't let that put u off. Transpercific are always looking for HGV drivers. They are an australian company who have just taken (weel about a year ago) over all the septic tank companies on the north island of NZ. The may well be worth approaching. Hope it all goes well for u
Best Wishes
Thanks for reply. We are renting out house,putting furniture in storage and coming out on years adventure in first instance. I appreciate your honesty. Do you think you will ever go back? Or try another country? Or are you feeling settled back in UK.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jill1420
Thanks for reply. We are renting out house,putting furniture in storage and coming out on years adventure in first instance. I appreciate your honesty. Do you think you will ever go back? Or try another country? Or are you feeling settled back in UK.
Lol we will never settle anywhere for along time, used to a service life where u move around every 3 years.

If I had secured a teaching job (Adults) then I think we may have stayed in Rotorua as I needed the job teaching to secure our permanent residency or hubby could have worked to residence, but all the while he worked for residence it would have taken two years. At 16 a child is no longer allowed an education grant unless they stay on at school (on work visa) and one of our daughters wanted to go to college,which meant us paying the 21.000 dollars a year international fees. Our other daughter would also leave school this year. The wages are not sufficent enough to susbsidise all this.
Rotorua is a fantstic place with everything on your door step. We loved it, but we could not live on fresh air and scenery.
We r buying a house in the UK again, but I doubt whether we wil stay here long term.