Reload this Page >

Advice for meeting potential employers

Advice for meeting potential employers

Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Clarky_12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice for meeting potential employers

Hi all

Looking for a bit of advice re: meeting and greeting potential employers. Hubby and I have started application process and have been looking for jobs with no success, visiting NZ for 3 weeks at the end of march and want to set up some appointments with various companies in Christchurch but have no idea where to start.

Hoping someone on the forum has been through same process and can offer up valuable advice.

Thanks
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice for meeting potential employers

Here's what I did with a fair bit of success.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722224
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:37 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clarky_12
Hi all

Looking for a bit of advice re: meeting and greeting potential employers. Hubby and I have started application process and have been looking for jobs with no success, visiting NZ for 3 weeks at the end of march and want to set up some appointments with various companies in Christchurch but have no idea where to start.

Hoping someone on the forum has been through same process and can offer up valuable advice.

Thanks
Can you give details of what sort of jobs you are looking for?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Clarky_12 is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubby is a web designer and I'm an emergency planning professional (civil defence).

Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:13 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say how the emergency planning professional but the IT industry is pretty well "lets meet for coffee and see how we gel".
husband came over in Sept 2011 and was employed and working within a week of landing, CTO position. (he gained a temp work visa and then upgraded the EOI to job offer).
Are you restricting yourself to just Christchurch?

Places to look for jobs are Trademe and Seek.