Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Advice on Hamilton?

Advice on Hamilton?

Old Sep 16th 2007, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

themoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant future
Smile Advice on Hamilton?

Hi Everyone

We are Tracey, Steve , Spencer (8) and Rebecca(5). Steve has just been offered a job in Hamilton and will be starting in January. Hamilton, is about one of the few places that we never got round to seeing on our trip last year. Has anyone got any info on Hamilton, best places to live, schools etc??
Any info gratefully received!

Can't wait to get over there, seems ages away, but I know it will soon come round. In serious de-clutter mode with the house - aarrrhh!

Old Sep 16th 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Advice on Hamilton?

Originally Posted by themoores
Hi Everyone

We are Tracey, Steve , Spencer (8) and Rebecca(5). Steve has just been offered a job in Hamilton and will be starting in January. Hamilton, is about one of the few places that we never got round to seeing on our trip last year. Has anyone got any info on Hamilton, best places to live, schools etc??
Any info gratefully received!

Can't wait to get over there, seems ages away, but I know it will soon come round. In serious de-clutter mode with the house - aarrrhh!

Hello - we are in exactly the same boat. Karonius has been very helpful and has put some info in the Wiki. We're exhausted from tidying up before the estate agents come round tomorrow.

Good luck
Alison
Old Sep 16th 2007, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

themoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant future

Hi Alison

Thanks, we too have the estate agents round tomorrow, so a bit mad here. Did a car boot this morning, first of many no doubt!

When are you going to NZ?

Old Sep 16th 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Not quite sure when we're going because it depends on the visa situation. I'm hoping for over the Christmas break or early Jan but that's if we can get flights. We have daughters of 10 and 3, and I'd like to get the oldest one in school for Feb.

Chest X-rays as well as Estate Agents tomorrow!

Old Sep 16th 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Same here with the school. Do we have to wait until we get there before enrolling them for school? I suppose we have to, as don't know where exactly we will be living until we get there.

We have to arragne the medicals and x rays- hear they are expensive
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by themoores
Same here with the school. Do we have to wait until we get there before enrolling them for school? I suppose we have to, as don't know where exactly we will be living until we get there.

We have to arragne the medicals and x rays- hear they are expensive

Whereabouts is Steve's job? We are near the Uni and looking at Hillcrest.

We've got to pay £65 per person X-rays. Then it is £170 for an adult and £80 for a child medical.

Alison
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Steve's job is in Vickery Street nr St Andrews area. Don't know if thats anywhere near the uni.

I thought that the medicals would be a bit more than that, still adds up tho when there are 4 of us. Don't think that you need the xray for the kids tho do you?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

No, I think St Andrews is west and the uni is east.

Chest X-rays are just for us not the kids. I haven't shopped round price-wise because we are in Norwich, miles from anywhere else. It would cost us more in time off and petrol to go elsewhere.

Good luck with the estate agents.

Alison
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi alison

your medicals are certainly cheaper than mine and pauls, we are having to pay £125 medicals £100 blood tests and £58 chest x ray and that is each, i nearly died, we live near Newcastle and we dont have a choice in this area of who to go to. :curse: ours are on wednesday
i think i should have studied to be a doctor when i went to uni , he must be making a mint

with regards

kirstie
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE
hi alison

your medicals are certainly cheaper than mine and pauls, we are having to pay £125 medicals £100 blood tests and £58 chest x ray and that is each, i nearly died, we live near Newcastle and we dont have a choice in this area of who to go to. :curse: ours are on wednesday
i think i should have studied to be a doctor when i went to uni , he must be making a mint

with regards

kirstie

I think it's all part of the endurance test to make sure you really, really want to emigrate. Good luck with the medical.

Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi

thankyou

with regards

kirstie