Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Advice on expiring Visa

Advice on expiring Visa

Old Mar 1st 2015, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

arthurfowler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on expiring Visa

Hello, wondering if I could get some help on my Visa which expires April 11. It's a partnership Visa by the way - which is how I got my first (same partner )

I want (have to go to the UK from 10 March - 31 March). I was advised I can submit my application without my passport and then get it stamped when I come back.

However I was also told that I have to apply from the country I am in and if I am in the UK when I submit the application, they may transfer the application to the UK.

I was then told I could apply on 31 March when I am back in NZ, and even though I only have 11 days left on my Visa, that should be ok because they will allocate me a temp visa whilst the visa is in process.

He then said I could choose either option - but I don't know which is safest.

I am confused as to what to do. Can anyone offer some advice?

A) Submit now without my passport and go to the UK (risking them transferring to the UK office)
B) Submit when I am back to the UK (leaving 11 days until my visa expires)

Thank you

Last edited by arthurfowler; Mar 1st 2015 at 6:55 am.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on expiring Visa

Sorry, are you in NZ currently? How are you going to travel without your passport? Assuming you have got your passport etc and you are in NZ, the best thing you can do is go and speak to a local immigration branch if you are near one (Queen Street in Auckland) or speak to immigration on their 0800 number.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

arthurfowler is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I am in NZ at the moment and they said I can submit an application without my passport.

Sorry, when I say I was advised, I meant I called NZ immigration on their 24/7 number
Old Mar 1st 2015, 7:30 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

whats the visa processing time?

If you submit your application now how long would it take for them to request your passport to put the stamps in? My personal feeling would be that you just hand it in when you can once they have agreed you can get a visa (?)

Last edited by MrsFychan; Mar 1st 2015 at 7:35 am.