Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

advice on commuting in wellington

advice on commuting in wellington

Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

scunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nice
Default advice on commuting in wellington

Hi folks

We are travelling out on the 10th Feb

I have a job interview in wellington, we ideally want a property on the coast. Is it too far to communt into wellington from kapiti Coast area(Paraparaumu,raumati) What are these area's like, as we want a nice area.

I look forward to hearing from you.

kind regards

donna
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all
Default Re: advice on commuting in wellington

Hi Donna

Although we've not arrived yet for real, we have done this journey many times in the past whilst on hols, reccies and interview trips, so hopefully this will help you.

The unit (regular train) runs from Paraparaumu into central Welly in about 50 mins. Therefore if you lived in the Kapiti area your commute would be just over an hour.

There are many beautiful coastal properties and this is a popular area due to the good weather. The facilities are fine, a little more basic than the cities but certainly everything you need on a day to day basis.

I'm a little bias as this is where we have chosen to live. I'm sure someone else who actually lives there will give you more info.

Good luck in making your decision.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:35 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice on commuting in wellington

Hi Donna. Here's a link to the train timetables, hopefully that will help you out. Also, please have a look at a map of the CBD in Wellington. My walk is about 13 or 14 minutes (if I don't have to run) between the station and work. The trains generally run on time, or 2 or 3 minutes slow, but it's a good service. Actually I can't wait until Monday where I'll not have to wait more than 10 minutes for a train if I miss one! The holiday schedule means a 25-30 min wait if you miss a train!

In this thread scottish family posted some pretty good info on the Raumati Beach area, which might be of some use.