Reload this Page >

advice about work's places

advice about work's places

Old Dec 17th 2011, 4:55 am
Just Joined

hmooda911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down advice about work's places

hi guys,

I've work visa (silver fern) and now I am in auckland from 3 months. all of that time i was looking for a job but without a result, so I am thinking to go to Christchurch...because many guys told me it's very easy to find a job here !?

so what's your comments guys ? and
if it's right, which part of Christchurch is the best to find a job ?
and by the way I've NZQA in business and 2 years experince.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 7:16 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice about work's places

Originally Posted by hmooda911
hi guys,

I've work visa (silver fern) and now I am in auckland from 3 months. all of that time i was looking for a job but without a result, so I am thinking to go to Christchurch...because many guys told me it's very easy to find a job here !?

so what's your comments guys ? and
if it's right, which part of Christchurch is the best to find a job ?
and by the way I've NZQA in business and 2 years experince.
2 yrs experience in what? What type of job are you looking for? 3 months and you can't find any work? If you can't score a job in Auckland, I do not think going to Christchurch is going to change anything for you.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming it's some type of office job you are looking for, I doubt Christchurch would have anything much to offer you at all. A quick look at what's advertised on Trademe should give you an indication.

Wellington being 'administration central' might however be a better option than Christchurch but if you're finding absolutely nothing in Auckland, I honestly doubt it would be any better there either.

If you are willing to relocate, then what's to stop you applying for jobs outside of Auckland at the same time? You need to make it a full-time day job to search and apply for jobs; knock on doors, talk to people.

There are always contracting and temporary roles available, all you need do is register with a few employment agencies in CBD. The agency will write you a summary CV, that they present to the hiring employer. This, I feel, would really help you overcome the language barrier and assist you in getting across the line to interview stage. Have you had many / any interviews?

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Dec 17th 2011 at 8:02 am.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I mentioned once before Auckland City Council for anyone looking for a job, it's one big black hole full of contractors and will be for several years to come.

News article today says they've spent $30m this year on temporary and contracting staff:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/super-city...ectid=10770705