Advice

Old Jan 4th 2014, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Susan75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice

Hi my husband has an interview beginning of february, the company are coming over to the UK to hold the interviews. They've asked for me and the kids to go along to be interviewed, was wondering if any one else had any experience of this and can tell me what kind of questions to expect. Thanx in advance
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:34 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice

I think you would need to provide a little more info on who is actually coming over to interview you and why.

what visa would your family be looking at getting ?
Old Jan 4th 2014, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

My husband is a Project Manager in construction, not sure if ok to name company? The job will be based in either Auckland or Wellington.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 8:51 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

so its a Company rep coming to see you ? what visa would you be applying under?
I would say, but have no actual experience, they would be wanting to know how you will integrate yourself and the children into life over here, what actual research have you done in the area's. looking at transport options, rental/buying options, schools, social aspect, cost of living (which is high in both but more so in Auckland area's). The differences between the two cities and what you as a family are hoping to achieve from moving here.

Do you have friends already here to help? - I would say on this one get to know some of us on here who can help you when you arrive. My main source of friendship and help has come from members of BE and some have become extremely good friends. It really does make a difference in the long run to your sanity if you have people around who have been there and done it and can help/advise with the little things.

but just talking on here and reading through the previous threads will give you an idea of some of the problems and solutions people have had and also some of the better things people have experienced.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply and advice, I've been a bit of stalker of this site for about 2 years now so have done some research on here. You've given me more food for thort n some good pointers, of what I need to look into further.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Susan75
Hi my husband has an interview beginning of february, the company are coming over to the UK to hold the interviews. They've asked for me and the kids to go along to be interviewed, was wondering if any one else had any experience of this and can tell me what kind of questions to expect. Thanx in advance
My OH had a job interview via Skype and they requested that I was there too. It was partly to meet me and ensure that I was happy with the move and probably for moral support for OH on remembering to ask questions

Fingers crossed it all goes well!
Old Jan 12th 2014, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Thank you Helen, il let you know how we get on.