Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is advertising allowed in BritishExpats?

Is advertising allowed in BritishExpats?

Old Feb 15th 2005, 12:02 pm
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice
Default Is advertising allowed in BritishExpats?

I re-located last year from Scotland to NZ. I am actually a Kiwi so it wasn't hard!

Anyway, I decided to buy a house before I got there. It was an interesting experience, and one that was ultimately very successful.

From that experience grew a service, designed for people wanting to do the same sort of thing.

Now normally advertising is frowned upon, and for that reason I won't mention my website or any other details without permission. I looked in all the usual places, but couldn't find a prohibition on advertising.

That aside, if there is any info or advice I can offer for those wishing to come here (free, of course) - I'd love to help.

Cheers,

Simon
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice
Default Re: Is advertising allowed in BritishExpats?

Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
I re-located last year from Scotland to NZ. I am actually a Kiwi so it wasn't hard!

Anyway, I decided to buy a house before I got there. It was an interesting experience, and one that was ultimately very successful.

From that experience grew a service, designed for people wanting to do the same sort of thing.

Now normally advertising is frowned upon, and for that reason I won't mention my website or any other details without permission. I looked in all the usual places, but couldn't find a prohibition on advertising.

That aside, if there is any info or advice I can offer for those wishing to come here (free, of course) - I'd love to help.

Cheers,

Simon
Try taking out adds in the following press - people on the forums dont seem to like others being enterprising.

Outbound Publishing - Destination NZ
1 Commercial Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 3XQ
Tel: 01323 726040 - Fax: 01323 649249
(From outside the UK - Tel: 44 1 323 726040 - Fax: 44 1 323 649249 mailto:[email protected]

New Zealand News UK
Quadrant House,
250 Kennington Lane,
London. SE11 5RD.
www.nznews.co.uk

Leon Dominion
Phone: 020 7587 3805
[email protected]

Thomas Grundy
Phone: 020 7587 5290
[email protected]

Classifieds
Phone: 020 7587 3728
[email protected]

Consyl Publishing
Contact details are Tel: 01424 223 111 Fax: 01424 224 992 Email [email protected] For more information regarding our publications www.consylpublishing.co.uk
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Billie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant future

Cheers,

Simon
I think it would be a great idea- a sort of EBAY for travellers. We could resell all the things that would be no use in NZ or vice versa. Perhaps you could send a private message mentioning your website address etc to anyone interested in using your service.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:48 pm
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

Thanks folks.

I found the "marketplace" area so I have posted about my little enterprise there.

Cheers!
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I found the "marketplace" area so I have posted about my little enterprise there.
There's that, you can also have a weblink in your sig, just as long as it's a simple link.
Can always offer to have a web banner or sponsor the site section to
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob
There's that, you can also have a weblink in your sig, just as long as it's a simple link.
Can always offer to have a web banner or sponsor the site section to
Ah well perhaps I should enquire as to the cost of doing that...
Old Feb 16th 2005, 3:59 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Hi there,

I see you have read & posted to a few of our threads so you have an idea of where we are at in the immigration thing.

Not sure of what your service / business offers but you can PM us, would love to hear what you a doing.

For us, yes we want to buy a home in NZ, but we need to see the place first. We need to settle in job & missus to start her business over there (beauty salon). In saying this we have been scouting as it is VERY important for us to know what we can get for our $ over there.

Interesting that TradeMe was rated as one of the fasted growing companies n NZ but do not cater for international members (speaking from experience)... Maybe a good tip for you.

Personally I can see great opportunities in the immigration to NZ thing and have a few ideas myself. Anyways mate, PM us your info and all the very best of luck. Always good to hear of entrepreneurs that crack success stories. Hope yours becomes one of them

Cheers

Campbell.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 4:29 am
Banned

He he yeah I finally decided to come out of "lurk" mode

PM on the way.