Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Advertisements we like!

Advertisements we like!

Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:17 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advertisements we like!

We're always whinging about the ads we hate eg Telecom[with the container] and that Kiwibank woman I'm the worst
Now just in the interests of balance, what ads do people actually like?

My first nomination would be the BNZ ads with the pigs-I know they a bit twee but the pigs are just soooo cute Still bank with ANZ though
For those not in NZ the link is to the most recent one

BNZ piggies family gathering

Also
Bank smarter
Old Jun 7th 2009, 8:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advertisements we like!

Originally Posted by Persephone
We're always whinging about the ads we hate eg Telecom[with the container] and that Kiwibank woman I'm the worst
Now just in the interests of balance, what ads do people actually like?

My first nomination would be the BNZ ads with the pigs-I know they a bit twee but the pigs are just soooo cute Still bank with ANZ though
For those not in NZ the link is to the most recent one

BNZ piggies family gathering

Also
Bank smarter
I love the BNZ piggies too but bank with Westpac!
I used to love Gus the Gorilla ads for Telecom. TBH not many ads grabbing me lately
Old Jun 7th 2009, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I love the Piggy ones.

I love this advert for Milestone Homes, only because of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1yTA8baQ4U

Also for the music only, the Spoil yourself in Wellington

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIv851MuqJY

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Jun 7th 2009 at 9:01 am.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

i like the Stihl chain saw advert, [old father with last words to his son....]

I also like [for the music] the Vodafone ad where the guy flat packs his cds and his girlfriend and walks out the door of his flat....haven't seen it for a while, don't watch a whole lot of telly....too many adverts!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Moosette is a jewel in the roughMoosette is a jewel in the roughMoosette is a jewel in the roughMoosette is a jewel in the rough

Is this Mitre 10 ad still showing? I thought it was brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqRVqXMyzhM
Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:52 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moosette
Is this Mitre 10 ad still showing? I thought it was brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqRVqXMyzhM
I love that one too. I also like the piggies one - I guess we all like it as it's a family get together that we don't have to suffer anymore, but kind of miss at the same time?!

I used to like the Franks drink ads? Haven't seen any for a while ...
Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I love that one too. I also like the piggies one - I guess we all like it as it's a family get together that we don't have to suffer anymore, but kind of miss at the same time?!

This one;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58_nC...eature=related

Last edited by Am Loolah; Jun 7th 2009 at 11:00 am.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:00 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

I like the tampon add with the beaver only in NZ .....
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
I like the tampon add with the beaver only in NZ .....
Try explaining that one to a 6 year old?!

And this old classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Lx2ihpGbc

Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:10 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

And this old classic

Forgot that one which again is very very funny
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:14 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I was having trouble thinking of other ads I liked but agree with all the above, Stihl, Mitre 10, beaver

Must admit I usually switch off during the ads and generally Mr Sue is switching channels trying to find something that doesn't have ads on at the same time so we end up missing the start of the programme we are watching...
I think I like the piggies because I actually want one [or a few!] running around the place rather than because it reminds me of family gatheringsI particularly like the cow-pig

Hi Moosette, how is the move going?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:16 am
Queen of the Underworld

And this old classic

Oh yes, I had completely forgotten that one
togs togs togs togs undies undies undies...
Old Jun 7th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

They're all brilliant thanks for the laughs.
Of course being shallow this one caught my eye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elD38...eature=related
Guess I'll be flying Air NZ next time....
Old Jun 7th 2009, 8:25 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Advertisements we like!

The old Air NZ ones with the folk who could fly was better TBH.

The bloke who wrote those Mitre 10 adverts with the children was fired IRRC because they wanted to use the big bloke who always says "Big is good". I thought they where better than their current adverts.

I like that Seek advert , mind you I also liked the old RAV4 advert before it was banned.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I just like the piggies, full stop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.