adoption in nz

Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of
Default adoption in nz

Hi guys,

Does anybody know anything or had experience of adoption in nz. We are both 39, i had snip then reversed(it hurts more going back). Been trying (although op sucessfull) no joy. Been told ivf only option not prepared to get into it financially or emotionally, would rather give a loving home to an unwanted child. (not a subsitute for my son, previous posted thread). Girlfriend has no children apart from bailey(chocky lab) who looks bloody stupid in a dress.

Planning on emigrating to nz. can anyone help.

j.j.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:23 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: adoption in nz

China is a place to adopt a baby girl, so I have heard.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

A more sensible suggestion to the above might be to contact CYFS Child Youth & Family Services...

http://www.cyf.govt.nz/adoptions.htm
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:26 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by dlmckay
A more sensible suggestion to the above might be to contact CYFS Child Youth & Family Services...

http://www.cyf.govt.nz/adoptions.htm
What's wrong with my suggestion? I wasn't being a smartarse or anything. My sister adopted a little girl from China just last year.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:06 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjthefridge
Hi guys,

Does anybody know anything or had experience of adoption in nz.
Hi there, just read an article today in The Press (www.press.co.nz) all about NZ adoption following the subject being raised in the film Juno. According to the article headlined 'Focus on Adoption', the place to go on the web for NZ specific stuff is www.adoptionoption.org.nz

Good luck with it, whichever route you go down.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by happynz
What's wrong with my suggestion? I wasn't being a smartarse or anything. My sister adopted a little girl from China just last year.
My apologies... it just seemed really flippint to me congratulations to your sister and her new family.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Hi there, just read an article today in The Press (www.press.co.nz) all about NZ adoption following the subject being raised in the film Juno. According to the article headlined 'Focus on Adoption', the place to go on the web for NZ specific stuff is www.adoptionoption.org.nz

Good luck with it, whichever route you go down.

Thanks for the information,oh reading with big smile, very helpfull.

cheers dudes
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:23 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jjthefridge
Thanks for the information,oh reading with big smile, very helpfull.

cheers dudes
i would just like to say - good on you guys. What a lovely thing to do. I have always wondered about fostering - but I would end up with a 100 kids. I could never give them back. I think you are very brave and i think its a wonderful thing you are thinking about. karma to you.