Adding to EOI

Old Sep 27th 2005, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Loxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really nice
Default Adding to EOI

Our daughter aged 24 has decided to move back home after living with her boyfreind for the last 3 years. ( peace is shattered ) I was just wondering if anyone has a spare room for a married male (only joking )
I would like to know that if she is intending to come with us to New Zealand will she have to apply herself seperatly and go through the EOI and ITA etc or can she be added to our EOA ?
she will very soon be recieving her qualifications in care work and would intend to carry on with care work should she come with us.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

kathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant future
Default Re: Adding to EOI

Originally Posted by Loxley
Our daughter aged 24 has decided to move back home after living with her boyfreind for the last 3 years. ( peace is shattered ) I was just wondering if anyone has a spare room for a married male (only joking )
I would like to know that if she is intending to come with us to New Zealand will she have to apply herself seperatly and go through the EOI and ITA etc or can she be added to our EOA ?
she will very soon be recieving her qualifications in care work and would intend to carry on with care work should she come with us.

Hi,

I think (and someone will I'm sure tell me if this is wrong) that if your child is under 25 and still financially dependent on you then they count as "dependent child" and can be added to your EOI. I believe this even counts if they live away from home provided they are still reliant on you for the majority of their financial support.

OK - just checked my "Application for residence guide" since NZIS website isn't working at the mo. This is what it says:

"Your dependent children can be included in your application if they:
- are single and aged between 17 and 24 years, and
- have no children of their own, and
- are totally or substantially reliant on you for financial support, whether they are living with you or not

You may also need to provide evidence that your daughter is dependent on you for this.

Hope this helps.

kathryn
Old Sep 27th 2005, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Loxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really nice

Originally Posted by kathm
Hi,

I think (and someone will I'm sure tell me if this is wrong) that if your child is under 25 and still financially dependent on you then they count as "dependent child" and can be added to your EOI. I believe this even counts if they live away from home provided they are still reliant on you for the majority of their financial support.

OK - just checked my "Application for residence guide" since NZIS website isn't working at the mo. This is what it says:

"Your dependent children can be included in your application if they:
- are single and aged between 17 and 24 years, and
- have no children of their own, and
- are totally or substantially reliant on you for financial support, whether they are living with you or not

You may also need to provide evidence that your daughter is dependent on you for this.

Hope this helps.

kathryn
Well her working rules that one out, maybe she can come out with us (when it eventually happens ) for a holiday and sort something out whilst there. I suppose that as long as she has a return ticket it wont be a problem.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:58 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes just have her come over with you as a holiday maybe and then when she gets a job here she can get herself a working visa. Can she get a working holiday visa before she comes as she is under 30?
Just a thought but honestly I bet it's not a prob if she just applies for a visa once she is over here and manages to get a job.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 9:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Should be no problem for her to come out after you gain your PR. She will be able to apply for a work visa from NZ.