Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Active Shooter in Christ church

Active Shooter in Christ church

Old Mar 15th 2019, 10:03 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Active Shooter in Christ church

Horrible and utterly sad times for New Zealand.

I am proud to live in this country, where people will go out of their way to help someone and expect nothing in return. For us its been a safe place, full of everyday heroes.

Fear won't win.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 11:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

As this thread was really where posters expressed their shock and condolence to New Zealand , I have move the ensuing discussion to a thread of its own
Old Mar 21st 2019, 11:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Horrible and utterly sad times for New Zealand.

I am proud to live in this country, where people will go out of their way to help someone and expect nothing in return. For us its been a safe place, full of everyday heroes.

Fear won't win.
Yes. I have been encouraged by the leadership and the people of this country this past week.

We are immigrants to New Zealand. We mix with other immigrants . We have lived in New Zealand now for 15 years. I maybe had not realised just how safe we felt in our everyday lives .

To have your safe place taken from you is just too awful. To flee as a refugee to a safe haven to have that ripped from you is beyond dreadful.

My heart and thoughts remain with Christchurch. This is a city that has already weathered terrible earthquake destruction . Now those same people and community had this atrocity brought to their door. Worse, whilst they were about their peaceful acts of prayer.

I just hope that we all hold the faith and do our best to keep New Zealand a land where Kiwis & immigrants can come and live their lives in harmony and peace.
Old Mar 22nd 2019, 12:28 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Yes. I have been encouraged by the leadership and the people of this country this past week.

We are immigrants to New Zealand. We mix with other immigrants . We have lived in New Zealand now for 15 years. I maybe had not realised just how safe we felt in our everyday lives .

To have your safe place taken from you is just too awful. To flee as a refugee to a safe haven to have that ripped from you is beyond dreadful.

My heart and thoughts remain with Christchurch. This is a city that has already weathered terrible earthquake destruction . Now those same people and community had this atrocity brought to their door. Worse, whilst they were about their peaceful acts of prayer.

I just hope that we all hold the faith and do our best to keep New Zealand a land where Kiwis & immigrants can come and live their lives in harmony and peace.
Events in New Zealand have not just evoked sympathy from around the world - they have also caused a deal of re-evaluation.

It made me think of when I lived in London, we returned one night to find the street cordoned off because a drug dealer had been shot dead - outside our house
The reason was that we lived in a quiet area, with little crime - and this encouraged the dealer to ply his trade there (and he brought his rivals with him).
New Zealand seemed to be similar, a quiet backwater that attracted evil because it was peaceful.

Portugal has recently seen a huge rise in tourism and settlement because it is peaceful in comparison with other destinations............ but for how long?