British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Active Shooter in Christ church (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/active-shooter-christ-church-923244/)

MrsFychan Mar 15th 2019 3:44 am

Active Shooter in Christ church
 
at least 6 dead, could be 2 or 3 shooters still out there, please everyone lock your doors and keep away from windows until Police say the area is safe.
2 shootings at Mosques in Dean Avenue and Linwood and now possibly the hospital which is in lockdown

Pollyana Mar 15th 2019 4:08 am

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12654015)
at least 6 dead, could be 2 or 3 shooters still out there, please everyone lock your doors and keep away from windows until Police say the area is safe.
2 shootings at Mosques in Dean Avenue and Linwood and now possibly the hospital which is in lockdown

Following all the updates online at work.

Stay safe everywhere

Vitalstatistix Mar 15th 2019 4:17 am

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 
Stay safe everyone. My thoughts are with all those that are caught up in this terrible incident.

Mishclark Mar 15th 2019 5:33 am

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 
My daughter would have been in lockdown, she's home sick today. One of my friends is in lockdown at work.

such a sad thing to happen :(

Michelle

Charismatic Mar 15th 2019 5:43 am

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 12654027)
Stay safe everyone. My thoughts are with all those that are caught up in this terrible incident.

Indeed, we always hope to side step global violence in our remote corner of the world but now it is here we must face it head-on. We don't yet know the circumstances or motive but there will be much grieving to be done, divisions to heal and trust to be reestablished.

Kia kaha! :wub:

Fredbargate Mar 15th 2019 8:53 am

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 
The news we are getting here in Europe is 40 dead.
Our thoughts are with you.

Buzzy--Bee Mar 15th 2019 9:20 am

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 
We're hearing 49 dead now. This is an extraordinary number of people for one shooter, an absolute tragedy. There's going to be a hell of a lot of post-mortem, literally and figuratively, over the coming weeks. I feel ashamed, illogically, that it was an Australian-born man who was the perpetrator. Unfortunately, Christchurch is going to be known for all the wrong reasons in the near future.

My children are flying unaccompanied to Christchurch in a few weeks.

I'm afraid of reprisals.

This is so terrible.

Violence is never the answer.

Bobogib Mar 15th 2019 9:56 am

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 
Saw the news when I woke up this morning. In total shock.

I fail to understand why anyone would do it, to anyone.

I hope those affected can eventually find peace, and that everyone stays safe.

Truly heartbroken for New Zealand.

Mishclark Mar 15th 2019 10:07 am

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee (Post 12654086)
We're hearing 49 dead now. This is an extraordinary number of people for one shooter, an absolute tragedy. There's going to be a hell of a lot of post-mortem, literally and figuratively, over the coming weeks. I feel ashamed, illogically, that it was an Australian-born man who was the perpetrator. Unfortunately, Christchurch is going to be known for all the wrong reasons in the near future.

My children are flying unaccompanied to Christchurch in a few weeks.

I'm afraid of reprisals.

This is so terrible.

Violence is never the answer.


It's just so damned awful. As an Aussie I am ashamed as well. How dare he, how dare anyone do this to those poor Innocent people just going about their day.

I think your kids will be fine but I understand your worry x

MrsFychan Mar 15th 2019 11:08 am

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 
White supremacist at its best. at least 2 shooters with 4 people in custody. they are now looking at Dunedin as apparently that was the initial target.

spouse of scouse Mar 15th 2019 1:25 pm

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 
Those poor people and their families. Again a relatively small group of people who contribute nothing worthwhile to our world use their evil and twisted ideology as self-justification to indiscriminately slaughter innocent people. It doesn't matter a toss what they like to call themselves - 'white supremacists', 'isis' or whatever other made up title they use, they all share the same characteristics, they're all sub-human.

I'm so sorry Kiwis.

















Danny B Mar 15th 2019 3:19 pm

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 
God damn that is terrible new to wake up to.

GeniB Mar 15th 2019 4:56 pm

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 
Terrible terrible day for New Zealand Heartsick for you Kiwi's this is indeed a black day ..

brits1 Mar 15th 2019 5:21 pm

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 
Having lived in Manchester when we were bombed in 1996 I was shopping at the time and then had.family in the recent bombings it's a hurrendous thing to happen but you must all Stay strong and not let these mindless, inexcusable acts change they way you live your lives. Our thoughts are with all.New Zealanders

macliam Mar 15th 2019 5:47 pm

Re: Active Shooter in Christ church
 
My thoughts are with the Muslim community - and the whole of New Zealand - dragged into the headlines by this horrific outrage.

Religious/racist polarization and extremism is a worldwide phenomenon now, but it can only be defeated by the rest of us banding together to counter their divisive bile... wherever it comes from.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:40 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.