Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Accomodation Needed

Accomodation Needed

Old May 20th 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold
Default Accomodation Needed

Hi All

We are having trouble selling house and only have until sept 24 to activate P.R Visa so it looks like an expensive holiday to do this. Could anyone recommend good cheap accommodation for 3 adults and one small child for two weeks in the Bay Of Plenty area around 12 sept time.

Could you recommend cheap car hire. Is it cheaper to hire around Airport or wait to get to Bay Of Plenty Area.

SORRY for questions but this is one holiday i could do without as the money would cover flights and container for final move.

Thank you all
Tony/Mandy
Old May 20th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accomodation Needed

Hi,

What part of BOP are you coming to as rental rates will be very different from one place to another. If you are coming Tauranga way then PM Am Loolah who posts regularly on here, she knows all there is to know on property etc.
I reckon that you could get a better deal on car hire away from the airport.I hear that "rent a dent " are pretty reasonable.
Good luck
Ash
Old May 20th 2008, 10:14 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PHONEJUNKY
Hi All

We are having trouble selling house and only have until sept 24 to activate P.R Visa so it looks like an expensive holiday to do this. Could anyone recommend good cheap accommodation for 3 adults and one small child for two weeks in the Bay Of Plenty area around 12 sept time.

Could you recommend cheap car hire. Is it cheaper to hire around Airport or wait to get to Bay Of Plenty Area.

SORRY for questions but this is one holiday i could do without as the money would cover flights and container for final move.

Thank you all
Tony/Mandy
Don't stress out too much - you've still got 4 months to get yourselves sorted... I wouldn't even book any "holiday" flights yet - wait a bit longer. good luck
Old May 20th 2008, 10:31 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PHONEJUNKY
Hi All

Thank you all
Tony/Mandy

Jesus, I'd be more worried about your cat then your visas! Try...trademe.co.nz (for properties) and use key words, 'short term.' Also try www.bookabach.co.nz. Do a huge exhaustive search for car rentals online, you'll be surprised by what's tucked away! Good luck!
Old May 27th 2008, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

We used these for car hire when we flew into AKL in August - we went with a 'Bronze' car and had no probs at all! We were picked up from airport and driven to collect the car. They were friendly and helpful. The car was an older model but it got us all around the North Island and it was comfortable and started every time! My friend hired from one of the big international companies and had nothing but problems.
http://www.a2brentals.co.nz/rental-rates.html