Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Accomodation for Auckland Hospital

Accomodation for Auckland Hospital

Old Jan 25th 2010, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

rja4096 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accomodation for Auckland Hospital

Hi we are still in the UK, but my Wife has an interview at Auckland Hospital (She an Anaesthetic Technician - bit like a nurse). Please could anyone advise where we should look for accomodation to rent a family home - if she is successful.

She would be prepared to travel for upto 1 hour from the hospital. No idea what method of transport would be best, I guess a bus?

Please let me know if anyone could sugget any nice areas, we are thinking around the $350 NZD per week.

Many thanks, Rick.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:44 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accomodation for Auckland Hospital

Originally Posted by rja4096
Hi we are still in the UK, but my Wife has an interview at Auckland Hospital (She an Anaesthetic Technician - bit like a nurse). Please could anyone advise where we should look for accomodation to rent a family home - if she is successful.

She would be prepared to travel for upto 1 hour from the hospital. No idea what method of transport would be best, I guess a bus?

Please let me know if anyone could sugget any nice areas, we are thinking around the $350 NZD per week.

Many thanks, Rick.
Hi not able to help I'm afraid but this reply will put your post forward again so hopefully someone will be around to advise.
Good luck with the interview & your plans!!
B x
Old Jan 27th 2010, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

Any idea which hospital? I could ask my brother as he works as a computer systems administrator for a chain of them in Auckland.....

My brother?..... Oh heck!!!

I better not fall ill in NZ!!!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

dorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to all

If you have a car you have heaps of options - suggest not too far south or north - hospital is close to motorway. Personally would think North Shore could be most problematic via public transport for the hospital.
Lots of buses run down Symonds St form the West and it is a short walk over Grafton Bridge. Not sure but think trains from west would also be possibility - Boston Rd stop.
Buses from East can drop you at eastern end of Domain another short walk. From the North Shore - after you arrive in the city,you could get Link bus part way then short walk.
Use google map and then look at this site www.maxx.co.nz (transport web-site)

As has been said on many posts Auckland is very spread out and most people rely on cars but transport is improving.

PS just found this hospital info
http://www.adhb.govt.nz/about/ach/tr...rking_ach.htm(

PPS Sorry to be negative but $350 might mean you are further out or in very small apartment in city