British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Accepted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/accepted-396777/)

cherry Sep 15th 2006 11:47 pm

Accepted

Sh** we have been accepted and in 3 weeks we will have our passports back with the stamps to go and work/live in NZ .I am speechless almost and so excited at the thought of a NEW BEGINNING in a country 12.000 miles away from my home land.I am tearfull but excited at the challenge ahead.
I am sure I will fullfill my anbition and do whatever it takes to meet the challenge.Shoot I am speechless at the moment and still shocked.
It took 6 months from the EOI and almost £2000 in fees etc.Well worth it all to leave this s*** hole of of a country.Goodbye Blighty ,Hello KIWI LAND laid back and "NICE" :beer:.
What a birthday present also ** yrs old today as I am am today

danny.f Sep 16th 2006 12:15 am

Re: Accepted

Originally Posted by cherry
Sh** we have been accepted and in 3 weeks we will have our passports back with the stamps to go and work/live in NZ .I am speechless almost and so excited at the thought of a NEW BEGINNING in a country 12.000 miles away from my home land.I am tearfull but excited at the challenge ahead.
I am sure I will fullfill my anbition and do whatever it takes to meet the challenge.Shoot I am speechless at the moment and still shocked.
It took 6 months from the EOI and almost £2000 in fees etc.Well worth it all to leave this s*** hole of of a country.Goodbye Blighty ,Hello KIWI LAND laid back and "NICE" :beer:.

Happy birthday to you,happy birthday to you,happy birthday dear Cherry,Happy birthday to you!!
And congratulations-hey,don't cry,I want to be in your position!! Really happy for you-will see you out there. Where are you going?

Andrew Cross Sep 16th 2006 12:22 am

I remember that feeling well....congratulations.

Happy ** Birthday to you too... :D

Maz Sep 16th 2006 12:24 am

Many many congratulations!!! What a wonderful birthday present! :beer:

SarahB Sep 16th 2006 1:44 am

Good on ya..... I remember feeling so excited that I had to tell just about anyone who would listen to me.... everytime I said I was moving to NZ the reply was ... you lucky sod.... or you lucky git... words to that effect! Enjoy!! :D

brackley Sep 16th 2006 3:01 am

well done you, its a lovely feeling isnt it. we leave next wednesday and i cant wait now. its my last night at work!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

planty Sep 16th 2006 7:45 am

Hey Cherry, congratulations, what a high, and on your birthday. I remember it so well, you just want to shout it out and tell everyone, including all the people you've probably bored the hell out off telling them of your experience.

Have a great birthday and enjoy telling em all your news. :D

quentinbush Sep 16th 2006 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by cherry

.................................................. ........................................

I am pleased for you and I am amazed at how quickly you got your acceptance after the EOI. Did you have one of the trades NZ is looking for? You say it costs you nearly £2000, was that for the 2 of you? Any info would be appreciated.

daviesl Sep 16th 2006 9:27 pm

Hi Cherry
fantastic news - can i just ask how long it took from sumbmitting your final ITA application with evidence? cheers