British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   AC/DC coming to Welly 2010 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/ac-dc-coming-welly-2010-a-608578/)

Littletoe May 12th 2009 12:11 am

AC/DC coming to Welly 2010

Tour dates in Jan and Feb. Go on a waiting list through ticketek to be informed of when the tickets go on sale.

Cool:cool:

weejie May 12th 2009 11:14 am

Re: AC/DC coming to Welly 2010

OMG might just cheer hubby up. We booked our tickets to fly on 29/6 then AC/DC released a date at Hampden Park in Glasgow............for 30th June. He was absolutely gutted.

Phyl x

love30stm May 12th 2009 6:44 pm

I will avoid Welly then :p:lol:

Perry Groves May 12th 2009 8:22 pm

will they be "back in Black":thumbup:

janek May 12th 2009 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Perry Groves (Post 7565855)
will they be "back in Black":thumbup:

Of course, but it will be a long way to the top....

RobClubley May 12th 2009 9:12 pm

Yes! I will be there. The wifey won't!
Where is this list?

Stoof May 12th 2009 9:27 pm

waiting list? ticketek?

when do they release them? do i need to be in nz to do waiting list? will it wait until we get there next month? oo, i'm proper excited now!

Littletoe May 12th 2009 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by RobClubley (Post 7565980)
Yes! I will be there. The wifey won't!
Where is this list?

It was on the front page when I visited the site - I'm sure you could do a search under concerts, click 'buy now' and then you can put your details in. Good luck!

Littletoe May 12th 2009 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Stoof (Post 7566012)
waiting list? ticketek?

when do they release them? do i need to be in nz to do waiting list? will it wait until we get there next month? oo, i'm proper excited now!

No one is sure when the tickets will go on sale. Ticketek is the place to book tickets for many events around NZ, concerts, theatre, events, etc. Its just a secure online booking service. You don't need to be in NZ to go on the waiting list, just an email address and then you'll get the annoucement via email when they're available. I shouldn't think you'd even need to be in NZ then to buy tickets, just make sure you'll be here for the big day! Unless anyone here is in the states or Canada where they're still touring.

Hmm...maybe I shouldn't have posted this, I want the tickets!

Littletoe May 12th 2009 9:54 pm

Here you go for the lazies out there....

http://comps.ticketek.com.au/acdc.php

weejie May 13th 2009 9:16 am

Try here

http://premier.ticketek.co.nz

This is the NZ website and asks which city in NZ;have done this a few times but have not received any acknowledgement on screen that I am listed on the waiting list.:confused: My OH was mega happy when I told him. Not there yet but trying to sort out sitters so we can go to Welly or Auckland........in-laws may well want to visit by then:rofl::wub:

Sorry in advance but.......

When we do get to "Sin City" I hope that we haven't had to drive on the "Highway to hell" having no doubt left "Problem child " with the sitters. I'm sure when we get to the gig my OH will say" Have a drink on me" and we hope that no one is " Spoiling for a fight" . "Anything goes" and let's hope AC/DC are "Rocking all the way" and set the "Skies on fire ",as we all know" Rock and roll ain't noise pollution":o

Phyl x

Littletoe May 13th 2009 11:39 am

Originally Posted by weejie (Post 7567315)
Try here

http://premier.ticketek.co.nz

This is the NZ website and asks which city in NZ;have done this a few times but have not received any acknowledgement on screen that I am listed on the waiting list.:confused: My OH was mega happy when I told him. Not there yet but trying to sort out sitters so we can go to Welly or Auckland........in-laws may well want to visit by then:rofl::wub:

Sorry in advance but.......

When we do get to "Sin City" I hope that we haven't had to drive on the "Highway to hell" having no doubt left "Problem child " with the sitters. I'm sure when we get to the gig my OH will say" Have a drink on me" and we hope that no one is " Spoiling for a fight" . "Anything goes" and let's hope AC/DC are "Rocking all the way" and set the "Skies on fire ",as we all know" Rock and roll ain't noise pollution":o

Phyl x

It only seems to work with Explorer, the same happened to me when I used Firefox. Not sure if that's a coincidence, but give it a go. Also you need some sort of adobe flasher thing, oh, and you need to be registered with ticketek phew! :rolleyes:

Anyway, why do I get the feeling that last bit invested a lot of your time there?! But thanks for encouraging my brain to form a soundtrack as I read that! Always good to have AC/DC tunes rolling around my brain - shame it looks odd singing those out loud!

weejie May 13th 2009 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Littletoe (Post 7567720)
It only seems to work with Explorer, the same happened to me when I used Firefox. Not sure if that's a coincidence, but give it a go. Also you need some sort of adobe flasher thing, oh, and you need to be registered with ticketek phew! :rolleyes:

Anyway, why do I get the feeling that last bit invested a lot of your time there?! But thanks for encouraging my brain to form a soundtrack as I read that! Always good to have AC/DC tunes rolling around my brain - shame it looks odd singing those out loud!

Not really as my almost 9 year old was playing them on iTunes as he had breakfast!!! Just had a thought,he might throw a wobbly IF his dad and I manage to get tickets as he will want to come,and probably the 6 year old too. They both love AC/DC and regularly do an Angus with the air guitar on the living room floor.:rofl::rofl: When they hear Problem child they say here's our song dad:lol:

will try registering and on Explorer,thanks

Phyl x