Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The absolute disgrace of the BBC

The absolute disgrace of the BBC

Old Nov 28th 2010, 11:49 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The absolute disgrace of the BBC

The start of the coverage on BBC 2 TV of the Wales v NZ rugby match was cut off for the showing of the end of a tennis game. The 1 minutes respect silence for the missing NZ miners was, in the eyes of some idiot presenter within the BBC, not as important as a tennis game!
I have sent in a complaint and await some (if any) response.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The absolute disgrace of the BBC

The pike river mine incident probably has little bearing to anyone in th uk.
Its understandable.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it did especially those who had miners in their own family such as me. My father & husband both worked in the mines and there have been disasters in my area so I felt for them as well.

June
Old Nov 28th 2010, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

MNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really nice

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Yes it did especially those who had miners in their own family such as me. My father & husband both worked in the mines and there have been disasters in my area so I felt for them as well.

June
Me too, I have been watching and waiting and hoping they would be rescued - people have been following this from the UK too and would never choose to have tennis over-ride a tribute to the miners, it is disrespectful of the BBC
Old Nov 28th 2010, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Leither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stormer999
The start of the coverage on BBC 2 TV of the Wales v NZ rugby match was cut off for the showing of the end of a tennis game. The 1 minutes respect silence for the missing NZ miners was, in the eyes of some idiot presenter within the BBC, not as important as a tennis game!
So our TV should be interrupted because of a tragic incident that happened 2 weeks ago on the other side of the world? I don't think so.

Maybe if they didn't need to spend a minute showing a bunch of white guys sticking their tongues out and pretending to be Maori they could have shown the minute's silence.

Make sure the door doesn't smack your ar$e too hard on the way out.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Leither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by colandros
The pike river mine incident probably has little bearing to anyone in th uk.
Its understandable.
Exactly.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 9:10 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't the rugby coverage start on schedule via the red button?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Leither
So our TV should be interrupted because of a tragic incident that happened 2 weeks ago on the other side of the world? I don't think so.

Maybe if they didn't need to spend a minute showing a bunch of white guys sticking their tongues out and pretending to be Maori they could have shown the minute's silence.

Erm there were 2 British/Scottish people killed in the mining accident. I think many people felt the pain. Also don't forget the tens of thousands of Kiwis who live in the UK and contribute on a regular basis to the coffers of the government.

Originally Posted by Leither
Again, to quote me old mum, if you haven't got anything nice (or constructive) to say, perhaps you should say nothing at all.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

In October there was an accident in a coal mine in China where more than 30 died.

Was there a minutes silence for them here in NZ?

Did it even make the news?

Plenty of Chinese here that contribute on a regular basis to the coffers of the government.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

I was at the game and all I can say is the minute of silence was so respectful and very emotional!!!
I shed a wee tear. The game was awesome......I was in a mainly Welsh section and we had a right laugh!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Robbie2010
In October there was an accident in a coal mine in China where more than 30 died.

Was there a minutes silence for them here in NZ?

Did it even make the news?

Plenty of Chinese here that contribute on a regular basis to the coffers of the government.

Of course it made the news, how else would we heard about it? the Chinese deal with these tragedies in their own way.

Do the Chinese play rugby? do the Welsh know just a tad about mining? There's your answer.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

LOL to the title...at least the BBC doesn't have constant adverts and advertorials during programmes like here in NZ.
You will surely love NZ and all its shortcomings, if you are happy to moan about the wonderful BBC BEFORE arriving in NZ .
Old Nov 29th 2010, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by janek
Of course it made the news, how else would we heard about it? the Chinese deal with these tragedies in their own way.

Do the Chinese play rugby? do the Welsh know just a tad about mining? There's your answer.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Of course they'd be damned if they did and damned if they didn't. What about the tennis fans? They'd have been pretty peeved not to have seen the end of the game. I heard some comments on the radio this morning from some Kiwi rugby commentators that were there at the game and they weren't exactly up in arms and beating their chests about it either.

It's reminiscent of TVNZ during the Beijing Olympics, on numerous occasions they cut short from an exciting race that was well under way; such as the women's cycling road race to go to some no-hope Kiwis playing a footie game and never returned to the cycling. People were very angry about that too and would have preferred that they stayed to the end of the race once they had started.

At least the BBC has other options when multi-sport events are on, with a myriad of other channels where one can choose which particular event or game to follow.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janek
Do the Chinese play rugby? .
Yes they do. ... Have you never been to the Hong kong sevens?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.