Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Aarggh 4 weeks to go!

Aarggh 4 weeks to go!

Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future
Default Aarggh 4 weeks to go!

Well We have 4 weeks to go, the shippers have just collected our entire life inventory of furniture etc, etc. Couldn't send the conservatory furniture so having to sell it on e-bay! What a bummer no yorkshire tea bags, was hoping to conceal them but didn't succeed . Only 3 more working days to go, looking forward to seeing the kids over christmas ( the kids are young adults ) before we go to NZ. Is anyone else close to going to NZ?

Joanna D
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aarggh 4 weeks to go!

Good luck to you and your family, I am hoping to go to Australia but it means we will be neighbours lol

good luck I hope everything goes fantastic

hugs Lace x
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:41 pm
Isle of Wight Chick

silvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant future

good luck, hope everything goes well for u! where are u moving to in nz?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future

going to Hamilton
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you have a fantastic journey
hugs Lace x
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JoannaD
Well We have 4 weeks to go, the shippers have just collected our entire life inventory of furniture etc, etc. Couldn't send the conservatory furniture so having to sell it on e-bay! What a bummer no yorkshire tea bags, was hoping to conceal them but didn't succeed . Only 3 more working days to go, looking forward to seeing the kids over christmas ( the kids are young adults ) before we go to NZ. Is anyone else close to going to NZ?

Joanna D
Good luck Joanna, scarey aint it?
Shippers took our stuff on friday, currently sleeping on a mattress in the living room! House sale completed this friday so just tidying loose ends here and going to my mates on wednesday. Fly next tuesday (with a well deserved break in Phucket on route!) Will miss the Yorkshire tea too but I'm sure they'll be plenty of to tide me over!
Good luck again
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:55 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

All the very best of luck to you Joanna and bon voyage...
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:01 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Originally Posted by JoannaD

Joanna D
Joanna

Good luck I know exactly what your going through we have sold our house hope to exchange end of December early Jan, we can then arrange the shipping, flights e.t.c. Hope to fly out mid January

It's getting frightening now :scared:, only 3 weeks left at work

What shipping company did you use and what was the price, did it take much arranging ????????

Good luck

K9
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:24 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya. I know how you feel, my last day at work is sunday and we have just four weeks left. All my worldly possessions leave on wednesday. I am excited and scared at the same time....
Looking forward to my last christmas with family and friends and then the final big party in january to say goodbye to everyone we know.

Sue
Old Dec 12th 2005, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!! Isnt it exciting..... good luck with your move....youll be fine!!

Just to let you know its nice and warm up here in Auckland..... 26.6 degrees in the shade just now and 48.4 in the sun out on the deck!! I thought the digi thermometer was gonna melt!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to all of you about to go - brings back the memories (we've been here just over 2 months)
it becomes a real whirlwind and a bit surreal - everyone around us was very emotional and talking about how major it all was and we were just getting on with it (apart from after the alcohol at the party and then we were very emotional too! ) it wasn't until I was sat on the plane on the 2nd part of the journey, my family were all asleep and it suddenly hit - that was scary :scared:
enjoy these last few weeks, nothing will feel settled again for a while (and that's both positive and not so!)
keep us informed - it's great to hear everyone's journeys and first impressions - and remember we're all here if you need someone to chat to / shoulder to cry on / someone to shout at.
Vicki
Old Dec 13th 2005, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

kathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant future

Hi,

We also have just under 4 weeks to go. We fly out on 8th January. Our stuff is not being collected for shipping until 4th and 5th January, so we will have quite a long time in NZ without furniture - our house still hasn't sold, so we'll be renting for a good while anyway.

We are moving to the Tauranga area, and our NZIS contact will be based in Hamilton.

Good luck

Kathryn
Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you all soooooo much. Still doing the jobs that we need to do for the grande depart on 9th Jan. I'm so glad we have sold the house and I have a job to go to. I don't think we would have managed to go to NZ without these two. We have just had to pay off ALL our debts, credit cards etc etc My hand froze when I wrote the cheque out

Joanna
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:35 pm

taffinkent will become famous soon enough

Hi

We are off to Invercargill in less than 8 weeks.

Accepted an offer on the house yesterday.............thanks Santa

Flights booked, shipping booked and finish work soon ( 11 shifts to go )

Got to do the rounds now to say goodbye to family and friends....

There is light at the end of this long tunnel !!! .................

Good luck everyone

Taff and Debs
Old Dec 14th 2005, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

fiona i is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Aarggh 4 weeks to go!

Hi , We have about 9 wks to go, just sold the house still to sell the cars and any other crap that were not taking. Our shipper has told us we can take a case of weetabix and a case of baked beans as long as they are in the outer they are sold in and not tampered with!
where in NZ are you headed for? we are off to Howick area as it appears to be a good area for schools and handy for work.

cheers

fi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.