Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:06 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

Just a bit of a moan

Every day since about the middle of December i've been waiting for a letter from NZ...It's a work contract that they said they had posted, which has still not arrived. I emailed the manager the other day and told her it hadn't come and she still maintained it's on it's way

How long does it take for one bloody letter to get from NZ to UK, would have thought the christmas back log would have cleared by now...Am i being to impatient???

Sorry Rant over
Mandie
Old Jan 12th 2007, 4:29 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Just a bit of a moan

Every day since about the middle of December i've been waiting for a letter from NZ...It's a work contract that they said they had posted, which has still not arrived. I emailed the manager the other day and told her it hadn't come and she still maintained it's on it's way

How long does it take for one bloody letter to get from NZ to UK, would have thought the christmas back log would have cleared by now...Am i being to impatient???

Sorry Rant over
Mandie
Hello there

So I'm not alone in my ranting! We often receive mail from NZ, and usually find it takes two weeks to arrive. Sometimes a bit longer. That's including parcels as well. Have you tried calling Royal Mail for an estimate? For mail within the UK, there was a big delay for us, and we finally received a letter that had been posted well before Chrimbo. Hmmmm, I reckon call Royal Mail and see if they can give you a time frame. Then your'll know when you can write it off, so to speak, and request another letter.

Bloody ineffecient services, grrrrrrr!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 5:16 pm
ex corrections officer

Puppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to all

Just a bit of a moan

Sorry Rant over
Mandie
I am also awaiting a letter with the job offer that was posted on December 7th. I know this because i was also sent an email copy for my records!!!
Shall be ringing the man on Sunday evening to find out what to do.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by puppypower
I am also awaiting a letter with the job offer that was posted on December 7th. I know this because i was also sent an email copy for my records!!!
Shall be ringing the man on Sunday evening to find out what to do.
Well at least i'm not the only one waiting...you start to doubt that they have sent it in the first place.

I just want to have the paper in front of me in writing so i know it's for real...then i can work husband down to agree to go

take care and thanks for replying
Mandie
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

The post people do return from their baches until 1st February.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by mazi
The post people do return from their baches until 1st February.
So when did they break for the holidays?

So does this mean that they are running at reduced staffing levels, surely not everyone in the postal service is off at the same time!!!

Mandie
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

So when did they break for the holidays?

So does this mean that they are running at reduced staffing levels, surely not everyone in the postal service is off at the same time!!!

Mandie
Ummm you need to read some of Mazi's posts with a touch of cynicism...
Most people here are now back from the Christmas and NY holidays, however children are off school until early Feb (equivilent to the August break in the UK).
We have had things take 2 days to arrive NZ to UK, and some take a week or two. Post is always slower around Christmas. Just depends really.
Presumuably if you cared enough about the doc you are waiting for you could ask for it to be attached in an email? Or faxed? And I thought you weren't moving anyway?
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Apple12
And I thought you weren't moving anyway?
Well that's the thing...he said no, then said bit of him wanted to but was scared, so what i thought was get the contract through make sure it's what was expected and then take it from there...like having more fuel for the fire.

My husband is someone who likes his comfort zone and is happier when in a situation under his control, so i suppose he feels out of control and not knowing where the future is going and also worried about the 'what ifs' and 'buts'

so at the moment it aint over till the fat lady sing!!!
Mandie
Old Jan 13th 2007, 3:01 am
Banned

Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough

Well that's the thing...he said no, then said bit of him wanted to but was scared, so what i thought was get the contract through make sure it's what was expected and then take it from there...like having more fuel for the fire.

My husband is someone who likes his comfort zone and is happier when in a situation under his control, so i suppose he feels out of control and not knowing where the future is going and also worried about the 'what ifs' and 'buts'

so at the moment it aint over till the fat lady sing!!!
Mandie
Just received a card from the UK after 5 weeks, it had a ZAMBIA postmark on it, so dont give up hope yet!!!!
Old Jan 13th 2007, 4:12 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I just received a couple of uk xmas cards last week too, I think there must have been some kind of hold up cos my mate here got some from her uk rellies too.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 10:21 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Apple12
Ummm you need to read some of Mazi's posts with a touch of cynicism...
True - how much salt do you have?!