Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:06 pm
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 536
Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

Just a bit of a moan

Every day since about the middle of December i've been waiting for a letter from NZ...It's a work contract that they said they had posted, which has still not arrived. I emailed the manager the other day and told her it hadn't come and she still maintained it's on it's way

How long does it take for one bloody letter to get from NZ to UK, would have thought the christmas back log would have cleared by now...Am i being to impatient???

Sorry Rant over
Mandie
Mandie is offline  
Old Jan 12th 2007, 4:29 pm
  #2  
Sweeeeet!
 
Littletoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: NZ - for now!
Posts: 827
Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

Originally Posted by Mandie.H View Post
Just a bit of a moan

Every day since about the middle of December i've been waiting for a letter from NZ...It's a work contract that they said they had posted, which has still not arrived. I emailed the manager the other day and told her it hadn't come and she still maintained it's on it's way

How long does it take for one bloody letter to get from NZ to UK, would have thought the christmas back log would have cleared by now...Am i being to impatient???

Sorry Rant over
Mandie
Hello there

So I'm not alone in my ranting! We often receive mail from NZ, and usually find it takes two weeks to arrive. Sometimes a bit longer. That's including parcels as well. Have you tried calling Royal Mail for an estimate? For mail within the UK, there was a big delay for us, and we finally received a letter that had been posted well before Chrimbo. Hmmmm, I reckon call Royal Mail and see if they can give you a time frame. Then your'll know when you can write it off, so to speak, and request another letter.

Bloody ineffecient services, grrrrrrr!
Littletoe is offline  
Old Jan 12th 2007, 5:16 pm
  #3  
ex corrections officer
 
Puppypower's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: was Bucks.UK now Dunedin. NZ
Posts: 39
Puppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to all
Default Re: AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

Originally Posted by Mandie.H View Post
Just a bit of a moan

Every day since about the middle of December i've been waiting for a letter from NZ...It's a work contract that they said they had posted, which has still not arrived. I emailed the manager the other day and told her it hadn't come and she still maintained it's on it's way

How long does it take for one bloody letter to get from NZ to UK, would have thought the christmas back log would have cleared by now...Am i being to impatient???

Sorry Rant over
Mandie
I am also awaiting a letter with the job offer that was posted on December 7th. I know this because i was also sent an email copy for my records!!!
Shall be ringing the man on Sunday evening to find out what to do.
Puppypower is offline  
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:38 pm
  #4  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 536
Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

Originally Posted by puppypower View Post
I am also awaiting a letter with the job offer that was posted on December 7th. I know this because i was also sent an email copy for my records!!!
Shall be ringing the man on Sunday evening to find out what to do.
Well at least i'm not the only one waiting...you start to doubt that they have sent it in the first place.

I just want to have the paper in front of me in writing so i know it's for real...then i can work husband down to agree to go

take care and thanks for replying
Mandie
Mandie is offline  
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:43 pm
  #5  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,585
mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

The post people do return from their baches until 1st February.
mazi is offline  
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:48 pm
  #6  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 536
Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

Originally Posted by mazi View Post
The post people do return from their baches until 1st February.
So when did they break for the holidays?

So does this mean that they are running at reduced staffing levels, surely not everyone in the postal service is off at the same time!!!

Mandie
Mandie is offline  
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:56 pm
  #7  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 527
Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

Originally Posted by Mandie.H View Post
So when did they break for the holidays?

So does this mean that they are running at reduced staffing levels, surely not everyone in the postal service is off at the same time!!!

Mandie
Ummm you need to read some of Mazi's posts with a touch of cynicism...
Most people here are now back from the Christmas and NY holidays, however children are off school until early Feb (equivilent to the August break in the UK).
We have had things take 2 days to arrive NZ to UK, and some take a week or two. Post is always slower around Christmas. Just depends really.
Presumuably if you cared enough about the doc you are waiting for you could ask for it to be attached in an email? Or faxed? And I thought you weren't moving anyway?
Apple12 is offline  
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:12 pm
  #8  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 536
Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

Originally Posted by Apple12 View Post
And I thought you weren't moving anyway?
Well that's the thing...he said no, then said bit of him wanted to but was scared, so what i thought was get the contract through make sure it's what was expected and then take it from there...like having more fuel for the fire.

My husband is someone who likes his comfort zone and is happier when in a situation under his control, so i suppose he feels out of control and not knowing where the future is going and also worried about the 'what ifs' and 'buts'

so at the moment it aint over till the fat lady sing!!!
Mandie
Mandie is offline  
Old Jan 13th 2007, 3:01 am
  #9  
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Directly above the centre of the earth...
Posts: 106
Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

Originally Posted by Mandie.H View Post
Well that's the thing...he said no, then said bit of him wanted to but was scared, so what i thought was get the contract through make sure it's what was expected and then take it from there...like having more fuel for the fire.

My husband is someone who likes his comfort zone and is happier when in a situation under his control, so i suppose he feels out of control and not knowing where the future is going and also worried about the 'what ifs' and 'buts'

so at the moment it aint over till the fat lady sing!!!
Mandie
Just received a card from the UK after 5 weeks, it had a ZAMBIA postmark on it, so dont give up hope yet!!!!
Apple Tree is offline  
Old Jan 13th 2007, 4:12 am
  #10  
sky
Banned
 
sky's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,467
sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

I just received a couple of uk xmas cards last week too, I think there must have been some kind of hold up cos my mate here got some from her uk rellies too.
sky is offline  
Old Jan 13th 2007, 10:21 am
  #11  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,585
mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AAAARRRRRGGGG...How long does post take?

Originally Posted by Apple12 View Post
Ummm you need to read some of Mazi's posts with a touch of cynicism...
True - how much salt do you have?!
mazi is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.