British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   A1 GP (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/a1-gp-507529/)

Maz Jan 20th 2008 2:49 am

A1 GP

It's pretty damn cool. From Taupo. Right now. Nearly halfway through. Good to see some open-wheel racing on home turf again. Feels even more like home now. Auntie Helen started proceedings and the national anthem was in Maori and English. :thumbup:

Pakistan took off Switzerland's nose (the front wing anyway) and Oz are in trouble. Again. :lol:

Go New Zealand!!! :thumbup: :D :D :D :beer:

Batty Jan 20th 2008 5:45 pm

Re: A1 GP

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5812381)
It's pretty damn cool. From Taupo. Right now. Nearly halfway through. Good to see some open-wheel racing on home turf again. Feels even more like home now. Auntie Helen started proceedings and the national anthem was in Maori and English. :thumbup:

Pakistan took off Switzerland's nose (the front wing anyway) and Oz are in trouble. Again. :lol:

Go New Zealand!!! :thumbup: :D :D :D :beer:

It was great wasn't it? Got quite interesting in our house for a while - NZ 4th, Ireland 5th lol Helen looked like a lovestruck teenager when she was handing out the medals - I swear she was giggling :lol:

Jude J Jan 20th 2008 7:32 pm

Wasn't it great? I might try and go next year.

Maz Jan 20th 2008 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Batty (Post 5814789)
It was great wasn't it? Got quite interesting in our house for a while - NZ 4th, Ireland 5th lol Helen looked like a lovestruck teenager when she was handing out the medals - I swear she was giggling :lol:

I missed the end, had to take Lauren out. :( But yeah Helen seemed to be really enjoying it! :lol: Good on her. :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Jude J (Post 5815142)
Wasn't it great? I might try and go next year.

Me too! There's an idea for a meetup. :) Good to see you Jude, how are you? :)

Jude J Jan 20th 2008 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5815308)
I missed the end, had to take Lauren out. :( But yeah Helen seemed to be really enjoying it! :lol: Good on her. :thumbup:

Me too! There's an idea for a meetup. :) Good to see you Jude, how are you? :)

Getting better by the day Maz! Dont have a great deal of time to respond to threads but I always come on for a read and love to hear that you are so happy and settled in Welly. I am hoping to get down there for some cricket if finances will allow, but will just be a flying visit as we wont be taking Lola so it will just be an overnight stay.
Would love to go another time for longer and see some of the city I hear so much about :)

Maz Jan 21st 2008 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Jude J (Post 5816059)
Getting better by the day Maz! Dont have a great deal of time to respond to threads but I always come on for a read and love to hear that you are so happy and settled in Welly. I am hoping to get down there for some cricket if finances will allow, but will just be a flying visit as we wont be taking Lola so it will just be an overnight stay.
Would love to go another time for longer and see some of the city I hear so much about :)

Sweet as! :thumbup: I'll PM you my mobile number in case you'd like to meet up. :)