This is it!

Old Oct 7th 2013, 3:01 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: This is it!

Harare Mai a Aoteroa

Can I just ask, are you having your bed delivered?????

If so, would you cope with a double blow up bed for the time being? We've got one spare until mid November when the brother and sister in law arrive

Otherwise, head to Brownees on Moorhouse Avenue. They do some decent bed deals, failing that there's always Warehouse or Farmers where you could pick a cheap one up
Old Oct 7th 2013, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Pinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of light

Stormer999 the offer of an iron and ironing board would be amazing once we get into the rental! Thank you. Can I defer until we move in, as have them at the hotel at the mo. Will pm you when I get a date.

Thanks For the offer of the blow up - sadly we probably won't be in there till first or second week in Nov and container not due till beginning of Dec, so will need to get hold of one anyway. Will head to the places you've suggested!

Thanks guys xx
Old Oct 7th 2013, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, welcome, hope you settling in well. By odd coincidence we're (myself & hubby) staying at the heartland hotel in merivale in a couple of weeks. Think we're there on Friday & Saturday night 18th & 19th Oct. We're having a week's South Island holiday, & meeting with our daughter who's a student at uni there. So if you fancy a drink & chat one of those evenings just give us a shout. No idea what the hotel's like but I'm guessing that there's a bar. Or a supermarket where we can get a bottle or 2 of wine
Old Oct 7th 2013, 6:11 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinksar
Stormer999 the offer of an iron and ironing board would be amazing once we get into the rental! Thank you. Can I defer until we move in, as have them at the hotel at the mo. Will pm you when I get a date.

Thanks For the offer of the blow up - sadly we probably won't be in there till first or second week in Nov and container not due till beginning of Dec, so will need to get hold of one anyway. Will head to the places you've suggested!

Thanks guys xx
No problem, sweet as...

We also have a big blow up camping mattress if required... easy to get onto but bloody hard to get off in the morning...

When you see the price of NZ beds you might change your minds...
Old Oct 7th 2013, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Pinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of light

Haha! That made me laugh. Ok will reserve decision for now lol
Old Oct 7th 2013, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys xx
No worries, but as Stormer has already mentioned - be prepared for the bed prices here. Think car insurance prices for a new driver in England living in East London

Glad you're settling in well so far. Let me know if you need an extra car to help with your move into your rental. I'm only up the road
Old Oct 7th 2013, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Tom - much appreciated. Not having a car of my own is driving me nuts already lol! May have to look at getting one sooner than we thought...!

Will give you a shout if we need help - hubby only has a small car but we don't have a lot with us at the moment!
Old Nov 25th 2013, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Larryloo is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, so have finally done it! Been here almost 2 weeks and a rollercoaster it has been!

Hotel in Papnui road is oK- basic but clean and has everything we need for a short(ish) stay. Cooker could be better and the fridge is just too small but other than that its warm and comfortable.

Hubby was offered a rental through his employers, which is a result! It's a brand new build in Halswell, not far from the motorway which makes his journey to work really easy! This has saved us so much time searching for a rental, as we did a couple of days and was feeling a bit disheartened! Hopefully it will be ready for us in about 2 to 3 weeks. Then we just have to wait for our container.....hmm - will be buying a few cheap items to see us through and have been offered a couple of armchairs, but will need to buy a bed and a fridge freezer. Trademe here I come

Have to say first impressions have been great, everyone is really friendly and willing to help.

Definitely up for a coffee if anyone is around!

Further updates to follow when I get into the new home!
Hi Pinksar

Haven't been on here in a while but having just checked back in, I see you are in Haslwell. I am in Halswell too! However we are moving to a house in Cashmere at the end of this week! Still, Cashmere isn't far, perhaps we could meet for a coffee?

Inbox me if you fancy meeting up.

Larryloo
Old Nov 25th 2013, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Larryloo

Will message you - sounds like an excellent idea!

Pinksar
Old Nov 29th 2013, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Not having a car of my own is driving me nuts already lol!
I think you and I are the only people in NZ who don't own a car then. For a while, I've actually believed it was just me.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Sorry - I do own one now!
Old Nov 29th 2013, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - I do own one now!
LOL.

Blooming kiwi!