Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

9th Feb cricket in Wellington

9th Feb cricket in Wellington

Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:34 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Question 9th Feb cricket in Wellington

Anyone not got their tickets yet? Hubby isn't too hip on it, so I'm just going by myself. *sob* Anyone want to go with me, before I order my ticket?
Old Jan 1st 2008, 1:00 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: 9th Feb cricket in Wellington

Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Anyone not got their tickets yet? Hubby isn't too hip on it, so I'm just going by myself. *sob* Anyone want to go with me, before I order my ticket?
Phil isn't into cricket, huh? Too bad. It's an awesome game as well as an excuse to sit in the sun and drink all day long. It's not necessary to pay complete and undivided attention to the on-field proceedings.
I'd go, but I live on the South Island and I'm likely to be busy and away for that month.

Last edited by happynz; Jan 1st 2008 at 1:03 am.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 1:38 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz View Post
Phil isn't into cricket, huh? Too bad. It's an awesome game as well as an excuse to sit in the sun and drink all day long. It's not necessary to pay complete and undivided attention to the on-field proceedings.
I'd go, but I live on the South Island and I'm likely to be busy and away for that month.
No I've not managed to convert him (yet ) but there again he's never been into baseball in the US either, so chances might be slim.

It just dawned on me... last time I was at the cricket was in early summer 1988! I watched Northants play when I revised for my college exams at the end of my 2nd year. Best marks I ever got. Just the sound of leather on willow is brill.

Don't suppose you're travelling to the North Island are you happy?
Old Jan 1st 2008, 3:14 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz View Post
..It just dawned on me... last time I was at the cricket was in early summer 1988! I watched Northants play when I revised for my college exams at the end of my 2nd year. Best marks I ever got. Just the sound of leather on willow is brill. ..
hehe did the same with my lower sixth exams in 1984 but at Edgbaston.........shows our age, eh?
We've got tickets to the day night on 15th at Eden Park. Pity me dad will miss my summer soccer and my son's first winter soccer as he goes back to the UK later that week
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:21 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl View Post
hehe did the same with my lower sixth exams in 1984 but at Edgbaston.........shows our age, eh?
you werent at KE by any chance were you?
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:52 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

nah, lived a good 10 miles away - MrsL went to a KE but not that one, one in S/bridge........
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:16 pm

nah, lived a good 10 miles away - MrsL went to a KE but not that one, one in S/bridge........
ahh right. went to KEHS
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:30 pm
Maz

Yep sure does! We're both old farts is what I think you're trying to say.

We've got tickets to the day night on 15th at Eden Park. Pity me dad will miss my summer soccer and my son's first winter soccer as he goes back to the UK later that week
Oooh bad timing for your Dad's visit. But enjoy the Eden Park match!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:07 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by dreamfish View Post
ahh right. went to KEHS
so are you a Brummie - we're Yamyams.........
MrsL went to KE6FC..........

and no Maz it's not S Auckland's favourite diner........
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:40 am

no no no no no no no not an 021-er
i'za pottery! ok so i was born in staffs, but lived in brum till i left home.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:02 am
Maz

You've just shattered my dreams!