9 years ago

Old Jul 9th 2014, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9 years ago

Wow, I cannot add anything either except to say that you are very brave and wish you well in your adopted country. I had a friend involved that day as well, although not badly injured she was also traumatised to the extend never took a tube again. At times she had a long 20 min walk from the bus stop to her work in the banking area! A year later she resigned from the bank, sold up everything and went back to South Africa saying she would take her chances there! We offered her our thoughts but she never really spoke about the horror of that day! Your story reminded me of what fear she must have felt. I hope you get some peace now that you have put your story to words. All the best.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

I so understand that you left the country! I had the day off when the attacks on New York City happened but I still remember returning to work in downtown. It was horrifying, the uncertainty, the missing people, the military, the smell, the dust, the destruction, sirens, the bomb threats, emergency evacuations....makes you connect to people that are under attack no matter where and when and you realize how fragile and impermanent everything and everyone really is!!
Old Jul 9th 2014, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Mrsbrightside7 has a reputation beyond reputeMrsbrightside7 has a reputation beyond reputeMrsbrightside7 has a reputation beyond reputeMrsbrightside7 has a reputation beyond reputeMrsbrightside7 has a reputation beyond reputeMrsbrightside7 has a reputation beyond reputeMrsbrightside7 has a reputation beyond reputeMrsbrightside7 has a reputation beyond reputeMrsbrightside7 has a reputation beyond reputeMrsbrightside7 has a reputation beyond reputeMrsbrightside7 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow what a brave and heart felt post. Thank you for posting this. I am a police officer in the UK and remember this day clearly, truly horrific.
Not many people realise that an incident like this affects lives forever. The victims, the survivors, the families, the emergency services, nobody's lives were the same after that day. Words can't describe how tragic that day was but you are the person you are today because of it. It certainly made me the person I am today and shaped my chosen career path in the Police.
It wasn't your time to go, you only live once and we must make the most of it as we know from days like that how quickly precious lives can be taken away. I wish you all the luck in the world in your new life and thank you again for bravely sharing your experience.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 6:19 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for sharing your story, Blade. What a horrific experience.

I can only imagine how you must have been haunted by the girl who declined to take your seat; but no one knew what was going to happen next and how such a minor decision would alter things. Take heart in knowing that one of the last things she was aware of was the kindness of a stranger.
Take care and live life to the full for your family and for those who were denied that right. Look after yourself and stay strong
P x
Old Jul 13th 2014, 9:26 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

The 7/7 bombings were one of those moments in history where everyone can remember where they were and what they were doing.

Thanks for sharing your story with us, I hope it helps you to heal psychologically.

I'm sure the memory of that young girl will always be with you, but I hope it doesn't torment you.
Your loved ones are glad you made it, it wasn't your time.

I hope you live life to the full now