80s movies

Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of
Default 80s movies

My son enjoys playing the electric guitar and enjoys all the 'old music' as he calls it which appears to be trendy just now so I am going to get him some classic DVDs from the past. Ive obviously got mostly chick flicks so needin a bit of help as to what DVDs to get him (OH not got a clue about these things). He already has ........... Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, James Bond. Going to get him the Blues Brothers and Stand by Me cause he likes the music.

He loves, Led Zepplin, Guns & Roses...............was their music or similar used in any movies...........not really my thing, I was more into Ghost, About Last Night, St Elmos, Mannequin etc...lol

Any other ideas of great boy movies?

Im sure there must be loads.............cheers in advance.

Last edited by jill1420; Nov 20th 2007 at 12:39 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

ballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really nice
Default Re: 80s movies

Originally Posted by jill1420
My son enjoys playing the electric guitar and enjoys all the 'old music' as he calls it which appears to be trendy just now so I am going to get him some classic DVDs from the past. Ive obviously got mostly chick flicks so needin a bit of help as to what DVDs to get him (OH not got a clue about these things). He already has ........... Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, James Bond. Going to get him the Blues Brothers and Stand by Me cause he likes the music.

He loves, Led Zepplin, Guns & Roses...............was their music or similar used in any movies...........not really my thing, I was more into Ghost, About Last Night, St Elmos, Mannequin etc...lol

Any other ideas of great boy movies?

Im sure there must be loads.............cheers in advance.
lost boys, blade runner, total recal, aliens, THE GOONIES, beetle juice, hellraiser, the shining, highlander, back to the future, weired science, flight of the navigator, BIG, labarynth, never ending story, just a few for you may not be 80's as that was slightly before my time, not really sure about the sound tracks, but the films are ace. .

Last edited by ballsrburning; Nov 20th 2007 at 2:16 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

NLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really niceNLSE is just really nice

I stumbled across this website while looking reminiscing my teenage years!

Some film titles on there along with the other links from the 80’s

http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/index.htm
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough

How about:
- Waynes World
- Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure / Bogus Journey
- did anyone mention Top Gun?
- Good Morning Vietnam
- The Doors
- Apocolypse Now

All these have great music!
Jane
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Gr8 stuff!

I can get most of these 3 for a £10. Will pick out a few.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

How about The Lost Boys - loved that at the time!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: 80s movies

Originally Posted by JaneAS
- did anyone mention Top Gun?
A friend of mine taught himself guitar by playing along to Top Gun. He's one of the best guitarists I know, now!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

what about "days of thunder" good car races with sound tracks....good film with tom cruise when he was normal and good looking

now freak with a side flicknot a good look...jacky
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by garryhg
what about "days of thunder" good car races with sound tracks....good film with tom cruise when he was normal and good looking

v. funny jacky
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:17 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Tremors... one of the greatest films of all time!!

Ferris Bulers day off, Footloose and more if I can think of them...
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:33 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Ferris Buellers Day off was great!

What about Weird Science or Breakfast Club. I love the Breakfast Club
Old Nov 21st 2007, 11:17 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

How about Tom Cruise in Cocktail, and there was another one with him in, it had great soundtrack , he danced around in his underpants and shirt, can anyone remeber name of that one.

" Me a huge Tom Cruise Fan,, Never, !! "
Old Nov 21st 2007, 11:18 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

I have to agree with you Jacky, the flick is doing nothing for me either, its a great shame.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Funny you should mention that film as it was on TV last night. Agree with you that that was when he was rather scrummy....

The other film mentioned was Risky Buisness. Cocktail was good aswell.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Happy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jill1420
v. funny jacky
What about the Commitments, Mad Max and some of the earlier Eddie Murphy films. I also quite liked the Karate Kid No one else has admitted to that, but I was so love with Ralph Macchio ahh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.