Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

7 week Checklist ...

7 week Checklist ...

Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:44 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 7 week Checklist ...

... When did 9 weeks having finally booked flights become 7? Have done so little?!

Hubby booked flights/hotels/stopovers etc ... CHECK

Hubby forgot to book me in raffles not Economy ... CHECK (?)

Have confirmed and await payment instructions for fully furnished initial rental for 8 weeks ... CHECK

Fully furnished initial rental does not appear to have hot-tub ... CHECK (?)

Nor maid service ... CHECK (?)

Gave notice at work ... CHECK

Have paid deposit to ship dogs ... CHECK

Dog ate fab winter coat today, want deposit refunded, don't want to take dog now ... CHECK

Have enquired about cancelling various contracts here, some of which run until October, "Does Madam wish to buy out of her contract now?" No Madam, wants to WALK AWAY from her contract now? ... CHECK

Have begun to purchase some new items of clothing for new adventure (Tis seasonal Dahling) ... CHECK

Remind me then what else needs doing? Surely I've covered the essentials and am ready to roll?
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:25 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 week Checklist ...

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
... When did 9 weeks having finally booked flights become 7? Have done so little?!

Have confirmed and await payment instructions for fully furnished initial rental for 8 weeks ... CHECK

Dog ate fab winter coat today, want deposit refunded, don't want to take dog now ... CHECK

Have enquired about cancelling various contracts here, some of which run until October, "Does Madam wish to buy out of her contract now?" No Madam, wants to WALK AWAY from her contract now? ... CHECK

Have begun to purchase some new items of clothing for new adventure (Tis seasonal Dahling) ... CHECK

Remind me then what else needs doing? Surely I've covered the essentials and am ready to roll?
Buy Nicotene patches.....
Count the children
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Ummm....
Said a long goodbye to Asda/Tesco?
Tearfull farewell dinner with the neighbours from hell? Got replacements for them to play with?
Am at work but will think of more I'm sure
Oh, and its worth asking at check in if there are any upgrades available. My friends asked at Brisbane for the flight to Bangkok, there were only two seats left on business class for 50 quid each. They were with their two kids (age 13 and 15) and they took the seats! But the airline moved the kids so they were sitting just the other side of the curtain!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

... When did 9 weeks having finally booked flights become 7? Have done so little?!& will turn to 5 to 3 to 1....argh PANIC MODE KICKS IN

Hubby booked flights/hotels/stopovers etc ... CHECKgood

Hubby forgot to book me in raffles not Economy ... CHECK (?)shoot him for that

Have confirmed and await payment instructions for fully furnished initial rental for 8 weeks ... CHECKgood call having somewere to live is generally a good idea

Fully furnished initial rental does not appear to have hot-tub ... CHECK (?)and you have how many children and they accumulate how much washing

Nor maid service ... CHECK (?)husband/teenage daughter????
Gave notice at work ... CHECKtoo far too commute...good idea

soo much to do soo little time
Old Feb 14th 2007, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Ok Loolah,
have you:
arranged vaccinaton certificates for your dogs, opened NZ bank accounts, opened curency transfer account, notified kids schools and got progress reports, contacted motrgage company to request up to date credit references, proof of mortgage repayments, contacted car insurance re proof of no claims bonus?
Have you informed doctor, dentist, tax office, benefit agencies, pension companies, insurance companies, redirected mail, organised NZ car hire? Have you got a copy of the all the kids immunisations in case their new schols want them?
Don't forget to stop direct debits, standing orders etc. Have you got an e mail address accessible once you get to NZ (to keep in touch with BE). Have you got portfolio of of personal documentation to go in your hand luggage? Will your mobile phone work over here?
You've got ll that? Well there you go - you're sorted!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by donnaf
Ok Loolah,
have you:
arranged vaccinaton certificates for your dogs, AIRPETS HOLD MY HAND WITH THAT ONE

opened NZ bank accounts, GOING IN POST TODAY

opened curency transfer account, TOO CONFUSED BY THIS WHY CAN'T I JUST USE THE BANK?

notified kids schools and got progress reports, CHECK

contacted motrgage company to request up to date credit references, ADD TO TO DO LIST

proof of mortgage repayments, ADD TO TO DO LIST

contacted car insurance re proof of no claims bonus? ADD TO EVER INCREASING TO DO LIST

Have you informed doctor, dentist, CHECK

tax office, ADD

benefit agencies, NOT YET THEY MAY STOP MY MONEY!

pension companies, CHECK

insurance companies, CHECK

redirected mail, ADD

organised NZ car hire? ADD

Have you got a copy of the all the kids immunisations in case their new schols want them? 2 TO BOOK IN FOR JABS THEN UP TO DATE

Don't forget to stop direct debits, standing orders etc. CHECK

Have you got an e mail address accessible once you get to NZ (to keep in touch with BE). YES - ONE YES!!! WHOO HOOO!!!

Have you got portfolio of of personal documentation to go in your hand luggage? ADD TO BL**DY LIST

Will your mobile phone work over here? YUP

AND LIE DOWN IN A DARK ROOM FOR THE NEXT 7 WEEKS?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by kwprwn
soo much to do soo little time
I like the bit about having a place to live being important!! Should have known I could rely on you to be supportive and informative!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

AND LIE DOWN IN A DARK ROOM FOR THE NEXT 7 WEEKS?
Well now that everything is organised you have permission to go and lie down for 7 weeks, well done
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
Ok Loolah,
have you:
arranged vaccinaton certificates for your dogs, opened NZ bank accounts, opened curency transfer account, notified kids schools and got progress reports, contacted motrgage company to request up to date credit references, proof of mortgage repayments, contacted car insurance re proof of no claims bonus?
Have you informed doctor, dentist, tax office, benefit agencies, pension companies, insurance companies, redirected mail, organised NZ car hire? Have you got a copy of the all the kids immunisations in case their new schols want them?
Don't forget to stop direct debits, standing orders etc. Have you got an e mail address accessible once you get to NZ (to keep in touch with BE). Have you got portfolio of of personal documentation to go in your hand luggage? Will your mobile phone work over here?
Blimey, that made my head spin just to read it!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 10:40 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm leaving sooner than you, and you're well ahead of me, how did that happen?!! I'll spend the day before running around to friends asking them to sort things out for me, and panicked last minute calls from the runway because I remembered something. AAAARGH!! I know its going to happen, why do I let it?!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

I like the bit about having a place to live being important!! Should have known I could rely on you to be supportive and informative!!
I know I know...I aim to please

It will all come together...DONT PANIC
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I remember having a couple of sheets of paper with lists of things I had to do before leaving. I tried to cross at least one thing off the list everyday.... that way I felt I was getting somewhere.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by SarahB
I remember having a couple of sheets of paper with lists of things I had to do before leaving. I tried to cross at least one thing off the list everyday.... that way I felt I was getting somewhere.
My Bosses have very kindly gone on a holiday for a week today, leaving me ample time for additional paid research and a chance to clear a fair bit of the paperwork!

The list seems to be getting longer rather than shorter, for every one thing I cross off, at least two more seem to get added to the bottom?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

My Bosses have very kindly gone on a holiday for a week today, leaving me ample time for additional paid research and a chance to clear a fair bit of the paperwork!

The list seems to be getting longer rather than shorter, for every one thing I cross off, at least two more seem to get added to the bottom?
Hiya Caroline
I think I was totally cool about moving to Singapore - no internet - no BE(only a quick recce to find schools and a condo to move to to). BUT this move to NZ is much more daunting, so I can relate to your long lists and panic!
There is a list somewhere on BE that a BE person posted I'll see if I can find it.

Helenx
P.S. daughter has been offered a place at 'Mountview' for the techie theatre degree course- ARGGHH we have to reply by 20th Feb. We want to take her with us to NZ! I hate all these decisions! Oh yes and the fees- unless she gets a DADA grant is £9000 a yr!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by helinuk
Hiya Caroline
I think I was totally cool about moving to Singapore - no internet - no BE(only a quick recce to find schools and a condo to move to to). BUT this move to NZ is much more daunting, so I can relate to your long lists and panic!
There is a list somewhere on BE that a BE person posted I'll see if I can find it.

Helenx
P.S. daughter has been offered a place at 'Mountview' for the techie theatre degree course- ARGGHH we have to reply by 20th Feb. We want to take her with us to NZ! I hate all these decisions! Oh yes and the fees- unless she gets a DADA grant is £9000 a yr!
Hi Helen,

That'd be great if you find that list - I can add it to mine!!

Great news about Mountview - I have fond memories of it! Not long to decide, what does she think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.