Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

7/8 Seater MPV Wanted

7/8 Seater MPV Wanted

Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default 7/8 Seater MPV Wanted

Hi All,

As some of you will be aware, we will be with you shortly.

We arrive on 19th July. We need a car quickly, so was just wondering if anyone either has, or knows someone who is selling one.

We will be looking for an MPV, as this is always handy when family come to visit, etc.

Let me know what you have?

Thanks

Garry
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7/8 Seater MPV Wanted

Try www.trademe.co.nz
Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Also try www.caryard.co.nz just beware that they dealers dont always keep their websites up to date. John Dallimore and GVI import cars in and are next to each other down at Penrose which will only be a short drive for you Dallimore is not open on Sat. Panmure have various garages Buy right is just near Botany shops and Turners car auction are in Penrose.

Last edited by minky; Jul 9th 2007 at 10:56 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

MattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really nice

We've had our last few cars from Turners, you can buy quality assured ones with warranties if you're not too hot mechanically - prices are good and they have auctions most days of the week...
Old Jul 10th 2007, 7:37 am
Banned

RADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really nice

Only 2 makes I would go for as a mechanic,Honda or toyota,both bulletproof and plenty to choose from at decent prices.Dont go to the auctions unless you know what you are doing both as a purchaser or as a mechanic looking for a bargain .I work just a couple of hundred metres from Turners and see some of the sales vehicles going through.Most or rather the best are pre looked over and bought by dealers ,thats not to say you have your chance to bid for a bargain or take the easy way out and buy from a dealer who like I did and get a bargain also.You can make offers and haggle they need the sales .
Dont be afraid of some of the older cars here they avarage 8 yrs or more.I have a 10 yr old toyota land cruiser surf and its like new with relatively low miles .Dont forget either if you buy a diesel car you get fuel around 50 cents a litre cheaper than petrol but you have to pay a road user charge for the kms you do,just bought 10,000 kms of road user and it cost$337.Its not a put off when you work it out its as cheap as petrol usage for most cars and large utes.If you are coming to the Wellington area I can probably get you a decent bargain from the place we bought our cars from .PM for any help/advice
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg

We have a Toyota, Emina, its a great car, heavy on petrol round town but we like it.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:08 am
Banned

RADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really nice

Originally Posted by planty
We have a Toyota, Emina, its a great car, heavy on petrol round town but we like it.
Good choice Toyota are so good at making MPV`s,like you said though a little heavy on fuel but hey my toyota only does 100 kms per 10 litres on a good day so am I worried .2 tons of heavy 4x4 to pull and it goes like a rocket,3 litre turbo diesel auto a dream to drive .Go for it I say the bigger the better .
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by planty
We have a Toyota Camry,white,and since I bought it I keep sittin outside Pac n Saves waiting for fares.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by danny.f
We have a Toyota Camry,white,and since I bought it I keep sittin outside Pac n Saves waiting for fares.
You have to put the meter back in and the sign on the roof Danny,also the meter is not one that you put money in you stole the wrong one .
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RADI
You have to put the meter back in and the sign on the roof Danny,also the meter is not one that you put money in you stole the wrong one .
And I'm too white
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:25 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garryhg
Hi All,

As some of you will be aware, we will be with you shortly.

We arrive on 19th July. We need a car quickly, so was just wondering if anyone either has, or knows someone who is selling one.

We will be looking for an MPV, as this is always handy when family come to visit, etc.

Thanks

Garry
Garry, sadly we have an MPV that seats 8, which will mean Granny can come too?!

But we now need 4X4 so if the price is right (come on down) we'll get rid!

We are in Papamoa (BoP) but will do meet at Akl. It's a gawgous Nissan Lardarse ... I mean Largo in Navy and very, very roomy PM me if it may ne of interest and I'll send you some fab pix of me lounging on bonnet in bikini!

Dave XXX