Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

6 weeks to go - getting scared

6 weeks to go - getting scared

Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

jack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nice
Default 6 weeks to go - getting scared

We have only got 6 weeks left before we leave the UK, we are looking to settle in the Howick area, can anybody recommend primary schools and good area's to live.

Thanks in advance
Jackie
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:32 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 6 weeks to go - getting scared

Originally Posted by jack1971
We have only got 6 weeks left before we leave the UK, we are looking to settle in the Howick area, can anybody recommend primary schools and good area's to live.

Thanks in advance
Jackie
Hi cannot help with your question as we are still in the uk however, just wanted to say good luck, 6 weeks will soon fly by eh??

All the best Tina .
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Deepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really nice

Thanks in advance
Jackie
Hi Jackie

Saw the title and had to smile. We have 3 days to go and we are scared stupid, all the doubts are really there. We still think we are doing the right thing but all the goodbye's are really hard.

Good luck

Mark
Old Sep 13th 2009, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Thanks in advance
Jackie
Beachlands is nice - lots of new properties there and sections, if you want to build yourself! Not sure what the local primary is called but know it's good - we have friends there whose little boy attends.

Good luck with it all and maybe see you over there - we hope to go in about 4 months - God willing!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Deepseamark
Hi Jackie

Saw the title and had to smile. We have 3 days to go and we are scared stupid, all the doubts are really there. We still think we are doing the right thing but all the goodbye's are really hard.

Good luck

Mark
Wow! Good luck Mark and let us know how it all goes!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help on the area, but we go on Friday and yes, I agree with Mark the last goodbyes are hard, especially when the kids went back to their school on Friday and said goodbye to everyone. I just want to get to NZ now and not have to say goodbye to anyone else.

We've been at the inlaws since the beginning of August, and great as they have been, I just want to go NOW and not say goodbye to anyone else!

Still, we've got 3 days holiday to look forward to, stopping in LA on the way. The kids are SO excited about going to disneyland, I think they've forgotton about what happens after that...
Old Sep 13th 2009, 1:18 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help with any advice as I'm not in New Zealand but wanted to wish you luck with the move. Look at it as a big adventure, yes it's a bit scary but nothing is written in stone and if you don't like it you can always go back. Keep reminding yourself why you wanted to go there in the first place and hopefully it should all be less intimidating. Good luck!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jack

We also have about 6 weeks left - we fly out of Heathrow on the 26th Oct - when do you fly?

We are not that nervous at the moment which is a bit worrying!!
I think we have spent so long planning it that we are now just waiting to get out there.

Good luck to you in your move - maybe see ya out there or on route!
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks in advance
Jackie
Hi Jackie,

Guess you're getting settled by now - just wondered if you'd any news to update us with?

We're coming over in January and are also looking into primary schoold in the Howick area - would love to hear which school you chose and why!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

jack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cadibel
Hi Jackie,

Guess you're getting settled by now - just wondered if you'd any news to update us with?

We're coming over in January and are also looking into primary schoold in the Howick area - would love to hear which school you chose and why!
Hi Cadibel

I have been so busy i havn't been on the site for ages - shame on me - we arrived on the 9th November, we have managed to find a rental in the Somerville area of the east coast only 2 minutes out of Howick main street, it is very nice we are going with Shelly Park Primary for our kids we were also in the zone for Cockle bay but felt that Shelly park was a bit more spacious and has a heated swimming pool! In fact we are going to go tomorrow and buy uniforms as the kids are getting bored looking for houses and cars. I didn't realise how expensive rental properties were going to be, if you go on Trade me and put in a rental search for Auckland, Manakau, Somerville you will be able to see what i mean, we are paying $550 pw. I have now got a job in Otara but again had to take a pay cut compared to the UK, we are now looking for a car which is very painful as we haven't a clue what we want. Howick is lovely and just far enough out of the city, it appears very laid back and has lots of activities going on including a free swimming pool! Send me a PM and I will let you have my email and contact details etc All the schools in Howick are very good so it was hard to choose, we decided to find the right house and then pick the school.
Let me know if there is any other info you need.
Jackie
Old Nov 19th 2009, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Deepseamark
Hi Jackie

Good luck

Mark
Hi Mark
Hows it going, we are now in Auckland and finding our feet - where are you and how are you finding it.
Jackie