6 weeks to go !

Old Jun 12th 2011, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

emmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant future
Default 6 weeks to go !

Hi All - well I'm pretty new to the forum thing - My husband put an EOI in on 6/4/11 - this was accepted the next day , we managed to get all our paperwok in quickly and it went of for processing on the 23/5/11; we found out on the 11/6/11 that we have been successful so we have decided to book our flights for 6 weeks time - it's been a bit of a whirlwind , we only decided to move end of Feb - hubby applied for a job in March and was successful so here we are - really excited. We are going to Napier - I have a 14month old and I don't know whether to split the flight in two places and stopover or to just go via LA with air New Zealand and get the long flight over and done with - my little boy is really active though. Anyone any advice appreciated.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 weeks to go !

Originally Posted by emmabc
Hi All - well I'm pretty new to the forum thing - My husband put an EOI in on 6/4/11 - this was accepted the next day , we managed to get all our paperwok in quickly and it went of for processing on the 23/5/11; we found out on the 11/6/11 that we have been successful so we have decided to book our flights for 6 weeks time - it's been a bit of a whirlwind , we only decided to move end of Feb - hubby applied for a job in March and was successful so here we are - really excited. We are going to Napier - I have a 14month old and I don't know whether to split the flight in two places and stopover or to just go via LA with air New Zealand and get the long flight over and done with - my little boy is really active though. Anyone any advice appreciated.
Hi and welcome to the forum
We left the UK in 2007 when our daughter was two, we flew with Emirates stopping off in Dubai for 4 days then on to OZ for an overnight stay then finally over to Christchurch, our daughter had flown several times before so we were not too worried about the flights, the flight Dubai was fine but the last leg from there to Sydney was a killer, she never slept for the whole journey about 19 hours and was a nightmare, we tried everything to get her to sleep but to no avail so we just had to suck it up.

We have not been back to the UK yet but hope to in the next couple of years, and will likely be stopping off to get a break, but I think it depends on their age, at under two it was hard to keep then occupied for that length of time and the TV on board only proved a minor distraction, but we think the next time will be easier as she will be closer to eight and will sit quite happily, well as happily as an eight year on can, and the journey should be less problematic.

We might have been a one off fo rthe flight here and im sure you will get plenty of stories and accounts of peoples flights, but IMO I would stop off to get a break from the plane for your own sanity.

Cheers
Alan
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

dorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to all

Friends coming in Aug with child about same age. They have decided to come straight through via LA, but are booking skycouch so they can lie down with the baby
Old Jun 13th 2011, 9:11 am
Just Joined

nicjam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi congratulations! we had a similar mad last minute move last June. We came over with our little boy who was 15months old and we flew via air nz via hong kong. we have done the whole flight by ourselves before but this time did a stopover for one night - just to break up the journey for him and it was so worth it!! the first flight we were all so shattered that we all slept like a log and the break halfway gave us some extra rest before the sleepless second leg!

good luck with the move!!
Old Jun 13th 2011, 11:43 am
Just Joined

emmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone - that has really helped - I have decided to change my route and we are now going to Hong Kong so we can have a break.
AlanMacc -19 hours no sleep aarrrrgh - yes I do want to arrive with my sanity in tact if possible - that really made me laugh.

I flew back from Italy a fortnight ago and the flight there was okay but the 2 hours back was a bit of a mare - so not sure whets going to happen for these flights- Oh well a small amount of stress for maximum gain - I'm sure it will be worth it.

We did think about the skycouch but my hubby is 6Ft 4 - so it would have been great for me and the little dude but not for the giant of the family!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & welcome to our cosy, wee NZ forum Emmabc . It certainly has been a whirlwind for you. Good luck with all your plans

You need to add your details onto the UK to NZ July leavers list