Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

6.3 quake reported in Christchurch?

6.3 quake reported in Christchurch?

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

kiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud of
Default Re: 6.3 quake reported in Christchurch?

My sister is missing. She was at work in the Amuri Courts building in Durham Street. Does anyone have any knowledge of that part of town. We are desperate for news as are many family with missing members.

I feel so helpless being so far away!

Thanks so much

xx
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but its been sent to me from another forum

http://eq.org.nz/main
Info on it seems to be updated fairly frequently
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 3:04 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain
My sister is missing. She was at work in the Amuri Courts building in Durham Street. Does anyone have any knowledge of that part of town. We are desperate for news as are many family with missing members.

Thanks so much

xx
Sorry I can't help, but I just wanted to say I hope your sister is found safe and well. It must be awful to not have any news
I think an information number was posted earlier x
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 3:09 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

http://christchurch-2011.person-finder.appspot.com/
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

My heart goes out to everyone involved in this terrible situation my thoughts are with you all

Angela x
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:16 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Up early as I cannot sleep, we've had aftershocks all night and they've kept me awake. I'm also worried about Mr S. He's helping out with the rescue effort and I don't know if he's in the centre or not. I am worried about his safety with all the extra shocks
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:18 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much

xx
I'm sorry I can't help, I am on the edge of Chch and haven't been near the centre. Sorry, I really hope you hear good news soon. The power and phones are down in a lot of places so it could well be that she is just unable to contact you. Take care x
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

suggest using this forum too

http://www.emigratenz.org/forum
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

http://canterburyearthquake.org.nz/

managed by Environment Canterbury. It was set up to collate a range of sources relating to the September 2010 Canterbury Earthquake and has been reactivated in response to the February 22nd 2011 Earthquake.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Cant say anything except our thoughts of with all of you in Christchurch at this time
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future
Talking Re: 6.3 quake reported in Christchurch?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Twitter has just gone mad with it, and apparently only 4km deep.
Hope everyone there is OK........
dysthemic doom witch..........mmmmm good job title , i may have to be more creative with my own !!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:28 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
The damage looks worse than on Sept 4th.
I hope there are no deaths or serious injuries but I am doubtful looking at the news.
I am having difficulty even recognising some areas of the centre. Horrible hearing how shaky all the TV reporters sound but quite understandable. Strange to feel another aftershock and then see it mentioned whilst it's going on on the news
It is making me not want to live here any more- there has been so many aftershocks for the last few months and there is no way of predicting them
(((big hugs))) Sue......thinking of you all, wish there was more we could do
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:30 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much

xx
Really hope you're worries are relieved soon
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

My heart goes out to you all in Christchurch, the TV coverage is just so heart wrenching!!
Hubby is a surgical nurse here in the bay and has but his name down on the volunteer list to go and help, he is just hoping he can come and do his bit in helping and caring for all those poor poor people hurt and injured. Hope all you forum members managed to stay safe and have managed to make sure friends and loved ones are safe. My prayers and thoughts are with you all !!!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:43 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Our thoughts and prayers are with you!!! Saw the scenes of devastation and can't begin to imagine what it's like out there, I hope everyone and their loved ones are ok. I don't know what to say!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.