Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

6.3 quake reported in Christchurch?

6.3 quake reported in Christchurch?

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: 6.3 quake reported in Christchurch?

Originally Posted by Persephone
I need a hug
That's all I can offer sadly. A cyber hug love.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:33 am
Just Joined

Bikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really nice
Default Re: 6.3 quake beds offered in Oxford

Hi, yes big earthquake here today, I was in the mall in Hornby and the ceiling tiles started to fall and crash on the floor. Very frightening. Had no idea how bad it was until I saw TV tonight. All our family in chch are fine, thank god. We live in Oxford and can offer a blow up mattress and sleeping bags to anyone who needs somewhere to crash for a bit. Just send me a message
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Just read news... huge hugs to all affected by most recent quake.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:38 am
`

Default Re: 6.3 quake beds offered in Oxford

Originally Posted by Bikerhippychick
Hi, yes big earthquake here today, I was in the mall in Hornby and the ceiling tiles started to fall and crash on the floor. Very frightening. Had no idea how bad it was until I saw TV tonight. All our family in chch are fine, thank god. We live in Oxford and can offer a blow up mattress and sleeping bags to anyone who needs somewhere to crash for a bit. Just send me a message
I'm copying over to a dedicated thread now.

Same for Jan n Neil who also have accom , food
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I can't believe the pictures coming out of ChCh. My thoughts and prayers are with you all down there. Sue glad you are ok. Matewx is ok too, had a text from him, he's scared but fine.

For all with friends and family there.
Was wondering how Matewx was doing, so very relieved that he is safe. Will you send him love & hugs from me please hun
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

It was horrid, I was in one of the stores at the time, I got down on the floor and stuff started falling off shelves and roof tiles coming down. My daughter is still trying to get home from Mount Pleasant School where she works which apparently has been hit hard. All the family were separated as you would expect at that time of day.My grand children were down at Burnside and Cobham Schools, husband in the city and my son in law at the prison working. I really thought things were getting better, I cried all the way home in the car as it was shaking so much with the aftershock, I really thought my time had come. I was soooo scared. I still need to see my daughter and grandchildren and son in law. I don't know if I can still live here, will take a really lot of thinking about.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirl
It was horrid, I was in one of the stores at the time, I got down on the floor and stuff started falling off shelves and roof tiles coming down. My daughter is still trying to get home from Mount Pleasant School where she works which apparently has been hit hard. All the family were separated as you would expect at that time of day.My grand children were down at Burnside and Cobham Schools, husband in the city and my son in law at the prison working. I really thought things were getting better, I cried all the way home in the car as it was shaking so much with the aftershock, I really thought my time had come. I was soooo scared. I still need to see my daughter and grandchildren and son in law. I don't know if I can still live here, will take a really lot of thinking about.
Take heart Shirl!!! We're all thinking of you guys down there... try and be positive and just concentrate on what's important right now? Your Family...
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:04 am
`

I was soooo scared. I still need to see my daughter and grandchildren and son in law. I don't know if I can still live here, will take a really lot of thinking about.
You've been one of the folks I have been thinking about with your extended family. Hoping to read you've seen your family soon as.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:20 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say much or enough.
Please though, updates on fatalities are not the best idea I think.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:26 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Aww Shirl. I know how you feel, I've felt scared and been shaking all day [no pun intended]. You are not alone, hope you get your family together later tonight and enjoy a bit of time together. Knowing what you mean about not wanting to be here, it's the not knowing when it will end; the fact you can go from a normal day to absolute disaster with no warning. You can't prepare mentally for that unpredictability. Thinking of you xx
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:28 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
That's all I can offer sadly. A cyber hug love.
Thank you, better than nothing
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:48 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

{{{{{ BIG HUGS COMING FROM AUSTRALIA }}}}

Hoping and praying for the safety of all in Christchurch. Deepest sympathies for the families of the deceased. Take care NZ'ers.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter and family are on their way to us as I write this so we can all spend the night together and offer support and comfort to the children. Jess was not coping well before let alone now after this. I feel sorry for the young uns trying to process it all. Thanks for all your words of support people and for now I will take comfort in knowing that we are sooo lucky to be here and my thoughts and prayers are going out to those whose loved ones will not be coming home to dinner tonight! God bless all the people who suffer loss tonight.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:18 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter and family are on their way to us as I write this so we can all spend the night together and offer support and comfort to the children. Jess was not coping well before let alone now after this. I feel sorry for the young uns trying to process it all. Thanks for all your words of support people and for now I will take comfort in knowing that we are sooo lucky to be here and my thoughts and prayers are going out to those whose loved ones will not be coming home to dinner tonight! God bless all the people who suffer loss tonight.
So glad you and yours are safe and together Shirl, I too was wondering about you and all our ChCh BE friends. Stay strong and safe.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:02 am
`

My daughter and family are on their way to us as I write this so we can all spend the night together a.
You are all safe & together. Thank goodness for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.