Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

5-a-side-footy Auckland

5-a-side-footy Auckland

Old Apr 4th 2010, 2:38 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of
Default Re: 5-a-side-footy Auckland

Ok gang, gonna stick my neck on the line now.. really fancy a kick about now - who's up for the 11th April.. 11am sound any good - you've all got a week to reply - 1/2 a dozen is all we need to get started - we'll sort a location out by the end of the week hopefully - PS on about gonna see Auckland City play next weekend if anyones interested
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bga
Ok gang, gonna stick my neck on the line now.. really fancy a kick about now - who's up for the 11th April.. 11am sound any good - you've all got a week to reply - 1/2 a dozen is all we need to get started - we'll sort a location out by the end of the week hopefully - PS on about gonna see Auckland City play next weekend if anyones interested

11th April, 11 am. One kick abouter (16 yr old son) he is very keen to wheeze up and down holding his sides, and one supporter (me)

VERY much up for it. I have found Mt Wellington on the map- let us know if it is somewhere different so I can start looking for it!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Mikey sprained his ankle we will come and cheer you on if anyone is playing.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice

Originally Posted by bga
Hi my daughter's boyfirend Mike (29) would love a kick about tomorrow, if its still on! Let us know.

Is it at St Johns Park, Auckland? Where is that?

Cheers x x
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

welshmat is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: 5-a-side-footy Auckland

If I knew where and when this kickaround was I would be there! Not sure how it went from victoria park to mt wellington to st johns has anyone actually kicked a ball yet? let me know when the rangitoto leg of the tour is? i'll deffinately turn up for that one
Old Apr 11th 2010, 3:30 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of
Red face Re: 5-a-side-footy Auckland

i dunno how mount wellington came to be mentioned , but it did not a good place for a few folks playing footy i wouldnt have thought, as it stood on saturday night there was myself and Mikey who has since sprained his ankle, so in answer to the question, no one yet has kicked a ball as a result of this thread in fact the chap who started this thread has buggered off back to the uk, probably got fed up waiting - I'm still keen if enough people are gonna turn up, but if no one posts a yah or nay when a definite date is mooted its a little difficult to make any plans
Old Apr 13th 2010, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

Me and my Pal are up for a knock around (and a beer) we land on Thursday morning the 6th May
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bga
Same here, worst comes to the worst if theres only a couple of us (and any relevant kids) I'm still up for a kick about - i ended up on Mount Wellington the other day - jumpers for goalposts and all that, me and the lad - had a blast
sorry for any confusion - I read the above and mistook it for the location. I don't think anyone wants a world class game here, just a kick about.

Even I will play if needed. I am ancient, have nadgered knees and no football skills whatsoever - but if all I do is provide entertainment and make everyone else feel competent, at least I will be useful!

After reconsidering the rash offer above I recall that football is a team sport- and therefore my inclusion in the game is likely to result in my team-mates beating me up out of pure frustration. maybe I had better stick to cutting up some oranges or something....

looking forward to the elusive kick about when it happens!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Pocket is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Can you let me know if there is still a kick about happening. If so can you let me know the location and time please?

Cheers
Pocket
Old Nov 12th 2010, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

no idea, Pocket, they seem to have vanished !