3 yrs in

Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:38 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 yrs in

Hi Everyone.

Yesterday was three years to the day that we had arrived in NZ.

And as a newbie to this forum, all I can say was, I wish we had known about this site when we arrived!

On reflection, our experience of moving to NZ has produced many high's and low's. All I can really say, is that it has been totally worth it, we both feel settled and very happy now.

The best decision we made was getting out of Auckland, the worst decision was getting a job which I was tied into for two years, then finding out it was totally crap. But hindsight is a wonderful thing!

I want to say that Melissa, my incredible wife, has been my rock, giving me strength to ninja our way through immigration, damp housing, over zealous landlords, traffic cops and mortgage lenders.

So we are looking to the future now, kids, a dog, a boat, going back to Europe to visit family and look forward to keeping all you lovely people updated!

Stephen and Melissa
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 3 yrs in

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Hi Everyone.

And as a newbie to this forum, all I can say was, I wish we had known about this site when we arrived!

On reflection, our experience of moving to NZ has produced many high's and low's. All I can really say, is that it has been totally worth it, we both feel settled and very happy now.

The best decision we made was getting out of Auckland, the worst decision was getting a job which I was tied into for two years, then finding out it was totally crap. But hindsight is a wonderful thing!

I want to say that Melissa, my incredible wife, has been my rock, giving me strength to ninja our way through immigration, damp housing, over zealous landlords, traffic cops and mortgage lenders.

So we are looking to the future now, kids, a dog, a boat, going back to Europe to visit family and look forward to keeping all you lovely people updated!

Stephen and Melissa
Ah, bless.

Are you sure about the kids bit?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by mazi
Ah, bless.

Are you sure about the kids bit?
Positive, thanks.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

Positive, thanks.
Cool! I wish I could be so decisive.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Cool! I wish I could be so decisive.
Yeah,so do I!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

By the way, Beachcombers, I think it's really fab the way you obviously love your wife so much.

And it's also fab the way you love reggae so much.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by danny.f
Yeah,so do I!
How about you lend me your kids for a bit and I'll see how I get on and if it helps me decide?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:32 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

How about you lend me your kids for a bit and I'll see how I get on and if it helps me decide?
Have mine

DO NOT feed Plankho anything with E numbers
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:32 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post Beachcombers
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Have mine

DO NOT feed Plankho anything with E numbers
Alright. I'll be hanging around the UK a bit over the next couple of weeks, where do you live?

I see now! Plankho is your son - for whom you took the pic of the dead fish - I've been wondering for about two weeks who the hell he was! (Didn't think to just ask of course.)
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:39 pm

By the way, Beachcombers, I think it's really fab the way you obviously love your wife so much.

And it's also fab the way you love reggae so much.
Cheers! It was Mel that got me into Bob. We went to see Katchafire in Nelson for our 2nd wedding anniversy, it was a very irie night!

Mazi, we want kids, beacuse we want to grow old together and kids are a big factor in that, I guess we have both "settled" down now and it just feels right, like some kind of instinct. Only way I can describe it.

Plus we love all the practice!

Jah bless and I think it great you have started to think about kids!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

Cheers! It was Mel that got me into Bob. We went to see Katchafire in Nelson for our 2nd wedding anniversy, it was a very irie night!

Mazi, we want kids, beacuse we want to grow old together and kids are a big factor in that, I guess we have both "settled" down now and it just feels right, like some kind of instinct. Only way I can describe it.

Plus we love all the practice!

Jah bless and I think it great you have started to think about kids!
Is Mel in love with Logan? I wouldn't blame her if she is, but she must know that he is mine.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:27 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Greta Posting Beachcombers (as always)

If you want a practise run for the kids bit, you can borrow ours when we get out there!!!! The fact that it's 02.24am & I'm posting on here should give you some idea of what you've got to look forward to. So stop practising & start sleeping, whilst you can !!!!!

Seriously though, long may it last for you both

Kev & Sarah x
(Sarah actually, Kev's bl**dy snoring!!)
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by kev&sarah

If you want a practise run for the kids bit, you can borrow ours when we get out there!!!! The fact that it's 02.24am & I'm posting on here should give you some idea of what you've got to look forward to. So stop practising & start sleeping, whilst you can !!!!!

Seriously though, long may it last for you both

Kev & Sarah x
(Sarah actually, Kev's bl**dy snoring!!)
Thanks Sarah, sorry to hear the wee ones are grizzly. Hope you are in the land of Nod now.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:37 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone.

Stephen and Melissa
God, I love you guys!

I wish you all the best for the future,

Nikki x