Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

3 weeks to blast off

3 weeks to blast off

Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

futurama has a spectacular aura aboutfuturama has a spectacular aura aboutfuturama has a spectacular aura about
Default 3 weeks to blast off

Ian, Jan, Alex and Aimee are heading for Hamilton on 20th Aug 2007.
I have been reading the forum for months. For every negative comment
there seems to be 5 positives, so we are coming full steam ahead and
we will not be going back. (look fwd not back as my mum used to say!!) thumbsup:
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

JoandDean has a spectacular aura aboutJoandDean has a spectacular aura aboutJoandDean has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 3 weeks to blast off

Hiya will are heading to Hamilton the week before you. Get in touch when you get over.

Have you got a job over there.

By the way we are Jo and Dean and have two girls ages 3 years and 9 months. We currently live in Halifax west yorks.

Jo x
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

futurama has a spectacular aura aboutfuturama has a spectacular aura aboutfuturama has a spectacular aura about

Will do, yes i have managed to get a job and start Sept 2nd,so will have about two weeks to have a recky and try to find a house...Ian
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

JoandDean has a spectacular aura aboutJoandDean has a spectacular aura aboutJoandDean has a spectacular aura about

Good luck with the move. Are you staying in the motel/hotel when you get there or have managed to get somewhere more permanent? We are staying in a motel for the first week then hoping to go into a short term rental while we suss out the areas
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jo and Dean, we are staying in a house/apt which our visa agents own.we were going to rent it for two weeks whilst we found an unfurnished rental . But they said we were cutting it too fine to find a rental and hope our container arrived on time/cleared customs. So we have rented their furnished house for a month.It is a tidge expensive (£45/day) but it has broadband, sky phone etc, and the bills are included.
ps Kids are boy/girl 11yrs old (twins)......Ian
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:37 pm
Taupo, NZ, soon...?!?

taupo adventurers will become famous soon enoughtaupo adventurers will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JoandDean
Hiya will are heading to Hamilton the week before you. Get in touch when you get over.

Have you got a job over there.

By the way we are Jo and Dean and have two girls ages 3 years and 9 months. We currently live in Halifax west yorks.

Jo x
might see you on the plane .......well i wouldnt know who you were or what you look like but you know what i mean we are flyin on 20th too from glasgow x
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by taupo adventurers
might see you on the plane .......well i wouldnt know who you were or what you look like but you know what i mean we are flyin on 20th too from glasgow x
flying from Heathrow with Singapore airlines at 22.15hrs, so if we see you at Auckland airport we will be the family with the women draging two screaming kids aged 11 saying "stop embarrasing me" You ll obviously be in full highland dress? ( Iam from Elgin originally)..Ian and Jan :-)
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:57 pm
Taupo, NZ, soon...?!?

taupo adventurers will become famous soon enoughtaupo adventurers will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by futurama
flying from Heathrow with Singapore airlines at 22.15hrs, so if we see you at Auckland airport we will be the family with the women draging two screaming kids aged 11 saying "stop embarrasing me" You ll obviously be in full highland dress? ( Iam from Elgin originally)..Ian and Jan :-)
we dont arrive until the 22nd in auckland mid afternoon and my kilt would get a wee bitty creased so wont have it on during the flight ,its a bit of a thought the journey and my OH will not be travelling with me to hold my hand nightmare !!so i will be the one at the airport screamin and my kids will be lookin for a yellow van and straight jacket to put me in ...that is assuming i get past immigration tryin to explain why i have mountains of paperwork with me .What is it your off to do ?
Jennifer and clark
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi Jenifer, going to work in an aircraft factory as a fitter. i am a manager at British Aerospace but had to go back on my tools to get my visa, dont mind tho, What is it you and the OH are going to do?...Ian
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora Futurama and welcome to this little NZ forum.

New Zealand in Springtime. What more could you wish for.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Hi Bev, a lottery win just before I come out would be very nice..Ian
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bev, a lottery win just before I come out would be very nice..Ian
Just a quick note to you guys - when the packers come be sure to tell them what you want packing and what needs to be left out if they are packing you up over a couple of days. We did not (duh) and ended up with no bed or basic provisions like a kettle for the last night at home.
Happy travels
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Hi Nero, our packings long been done and you should see our ship coming over the horizon in the next week or two.BUT we messed up the packing also. Sent the bedding we were supposed to leave here, so we will have to leave our nice bedding, packed all the camera battery chargers and leads for the laptop, forgot to packkid ps2 s and a box full of ps2 games etc etc ..Ian
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:39 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nero, our packings long been done and you should see our ship coming over the horizon in the next week or two.BUT we messed up the packing also. Sent the bedding we were supposed to leave here, so we will have to leave our nice bedding, packed all the camera battery chargers and leads for the laptop, forgot to packkid ps2 s and a box full of ps2 games etc etc ..Ian
Hi Ian,
I come from Rothes and moved to Hamilton last october: OK so far
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi Karonious, spent two weeks in Morayshire last year in my caravan, beautiful area, cool thaqt you like your new place of abode..ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.