Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

3 week stopover in NZ (North Island)

3 week stopover in NZ (North Island)

Old Aug 27th 2009, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 week stopover in NZ (North Island)

Originally Posted by PatLiz
that's not entirely what I meant. I rather thought there would be adults there with children that couldn't go on in; and was wondering if they're alright to take it in turns zorbing/looking after the baby etc.
Ooops, sorry, mis-interpreted what you were after there
Errm, I've only been a couple of times but I'm certain that there's no creche facility there. I have seen plenty of adults with younger children cheering on the sidelines (there's an outside area where you can stand and watch) as the Zorbs come down the hill....problem is you have no idea who's in each zorb before they clamber out at the bottom, so you just watch and cheer them all . I'd say that it'd be necessary you & your partner to take it turns to zorb, with one of you going up first & the other one minding the little one, that'd be easy enough to arrange.

Or alternatively give me a shout....if it's not a work day I'll happily come and say "hi" & do a little spot of babysitting
Old Aug 28th 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 week stopover in NZ (North Island)

Originally Posted by sr71
Tongariro National Park is also worth seeing, if you like walking the Tongariro Crossing is meant to be one of the best 1-day walks in NZ (if not the world), and is a World Heritage site.

http://www.tongarirocrossing.org.nz

Ooooo, I did it ! Had just got over the flu and was convinced I was either going to die on the way over the crossing or not make it in time to catch the bus back to the Backpackers hostel!!! Actually we did it with an hour to spare. It was great fun, amazing scenery and met lots of lovely people. My cuzzy just cracks up at what my friend wore though as most of the people took it really seriously and had the complete Jack Wolfskin outfits on, she on the other hand was in shorts and a t-shirt rolling fags as she walked along, brilliant
Attached Thumbnails 3 week stopover in NZ (North Island)-hpim0152.jpg   3 week stopover in NZ (North Island)-copy-hpim0148.jpg