Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

3 Months... Is this a record?

3 Months... Is this a record?

Old May 1st 2006, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Daft people...........

Originally Posted by bramptonbrian
I guess it's about finding a place to live you dislike the least
I don’t think it’s the place so much………it’s the people……..I am sure any country with the same people will have the same result or outcome.
Old May 1st 2006, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

pleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nice
Default Re: 3 Months... Is this a record?

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Can I just ask why you went home after so short a time ??
Hi Andrew. To be perfectly honest, I don't know. Ultimately I think it was home sickness, which was something that I did not think I would suffer from at all. It was kind of like a knee jerk reaction. I felt that the sooner I went back, the sooner I could slip back into my old life (my old flat and my old job!) If I had stuck it out for a year or two (like everybody was telling me to do) I felt like I would have to start over in England with nothing.

Thinking back now, with hindsight, it was wrong to run back to the UK so quickly. But emotion ruled me at the time. I hope to go out again this year and try again.

PS that was my 3rd attemt at emigration! 4th time lucky?
Old May 1st 2006, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Daft people...........

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I don’t think it’s the place so much………it’s the people……..I am sure any country with the same people will have the same result or outcome.
You have a valid point, but speaking as a particularly anti social kind of person, I can tolerate aus better than nz or uk because the weather is better and the fauna is much more interesting. I find it very pleasant to communicate with family and fiends via christmas cards and can't imagine going back to anywhere I've been before
Old May 2nd 2006, 2:40 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Daft people...........

I know of a Kiwi girl who lasted in the UK about 24 hours. She had a job and a place to stay already sorted out - working and living at a pub in London, got the job and room through a mate who also worked there. She got a taxi from Heathrow to the pub, checked into her room, decided she was unhappy and took a taxi back to the airport, managed to get on the next Air NZ flight back again.

Also a Kiwi relative of a friend of mine, he lasted a week in the UK, staying with them in Hammersmith, one day he just left the house and got the tube back to Heathrow without even saying goodbye and thanks for letting me stay!!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:11 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daft people...........

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I know of a Kiwi girl who lasted in the UK about 24 hours. She had a job and a place to stay already sorted out - working and living at a pub in London, got the job and room through a mate who also worked there. She got a taxi from Heathrow to the pub, checked into her room, decided she was unhappy and took a taxi back to the airport, managed to get on the next Air NZ flight back again.

Also a Kiwi relative of a friend of mine, he lasted a week in the UK, staying with them in Hammersmith, one day he just left the house and got the tube back to Heathrow without even saying goodbye and thanks for letting me stay!!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Hope you scrubbed him off your christmas card list !!!