Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

3 Months... Is this a record?

3 Months... Is this a record?

Old Apr 30th 2006, 7:16 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 3 Months... Is this a record?

Originally Posted by Lenny the Lion
My mate and his missus are going back to England after 3 months coz they have had enough......Is this a record?
my mate lasted 10 days ,he spent 2 days in the stinking heat with flies working on the construction site with me and jacked .
Old Apr 30th 2006, 7:38 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I like it here and dont want to go back but why would someone have to stay a year in a place that they clearly dont like just for the sake of appearing to give it a go!
Its not about appearances, its about knowing its going to be different and not expecting it to be the UK. I suppose if you have a lovely house, great family and friends and a wonderful job and then move here to a lifestyle thats nothing like your 'comfort zone', then it IS going to be a letdown. Answer is - think very carefully about what you are giving up before you give it up...!!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 7:48 am
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Its not about appearances, its about knowing its going to be different and not expecting it to be the UK. I suppose if you have a lovely house, great family and friends and a wonderful job and then move here to a lifestyle thats nothing like your 'comfort zone', then it IS going to be a letdown. Answer is - think very carefully about what you are giving up before you give it up...!!
Well all your points are relevant.
In fact you have almost described my friends situation as if you know them.....
Old Apr 30th 2006, 7:56 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Well all your points are relevant.
In fact you have almost described my friends situation as if you know them.....
No I dont know them, but we didn't have a 'fantastic life' in the UK so I dont miss alot of things that some people might. We like you enjoy living here and think its sad when people dont. Each to their own though
Old Apr 30th 2006, 8:01 am
livewire

When we got here my DH's colleague picked us up from the airport and took us to the hotel. On the way she talked about his job a bit, at which point he and me just looked at each other with "eek, oh my god! what have we done :scared: " looks on our faces: It was very obvious the job had been oversold to him.

After that rough start and a change of employers everything has turned out ok but, TBH if our house in the UK hadn't already sold we may well have been back in the UK after a suitable period holidaying in NZ.

So I can fully understand why people would want to return when they find out they have been misled in some way.

Old Apr 30th 2006, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

Not a record by a long way - there was a family on U K 2 N Z that lasted about 2 weeks.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ukkiwi
Not a record by a long way - there was a family on U K 2 N Z that lasted about 2 weeks.

Hubbies friend lasted less than a fortnight in adelaide.Their poor dog landed in oz after they returned home to UK.Got him back 3 months later!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

pleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nice

I lasted 2 months. I have regretted it ever since I came back to England. I am consequently going back the at end fo this year.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow 3 Months... Is this a record?

I knew a lady that came to work, lasted 3 hours, resigned and managed to get a ‘plane ride back to the UK the same day. She had been in country less than 2 days, one of which she slept after the journey here.

I must say it makes me giggle when people leave after a very short time, bugger that, I’d take a very nice holiday and see a bit of the world on the way back, not always practical when one has children…………but what an experience for them!

Talk about broaden their and your minds!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

did they not have a holiday in nz to view the country before applying.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Delsonk9 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like it here and dont want to go back but why would someone have to stay a year in a place that they clearly dont like just for the sake of appearing to give it a go!
Hi gang, i know of one person who did 50 hours before coming back to UK. thats from stepping off the plane to getting back on. Did the rest of us hoping to come out no favours at all !!!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 8:42 pm
Susie..

Originally Posted by pleccy2000
I lasted 2 months. I have regretted it ever since I came back to England. I am consequently going back the at end fo this year.
Can I just ask why you went home after so short a time ??
Old May 1st 2006, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
The yo yo syndrome affects quite a few people (usually the ones who can afford to country hop) not to be confused with the grass is greener syndrome. The secret is to relax into being unhappy and enjoy that one constant in your life.
Old May 1st 2006, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Daft people...........

I have seen a couple of television programmes named “Life Down Under” or some such other mindless snot and I have to say I struggle with the mentality of some people at times.

There are perfectly dysfunctional families who see the emigration to Oz or NZ as a panacea for all of their family ills. To make a new start, a fresh beginning or some such drivel or cliché spurt from their naive mouths.

It is bloody hard work and one must be prepared to work at it, to make it work.

If anything I would have to say that one’s marriage must be extremely sound and sincere, not a Prescott type affair, to make a success of it all.

Just how do these people struggle with the intellectual decision to get out of bed in the morning and even worse satisfy their basic human needs? Baffles me.

There was one bint who stated she had never been away from England except for a weeks holiday in Turkey………come to think of it…………at least it was for a week, which is a longer period of time than some have spent on our fair shores.
Old May 1st 2006, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Daft people...........

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I have seen a couple of television programmes named “Life Down Under” or some such other mindless snot and I have to say I struggle with the mentality of some people at times.

There are perfectly dysfunctional families who see the emigration to Oz or NZ as a panacea for all of their family ills. To make a new start, a fresh beginning or some such drivel or cliché spurt from their naive mouths.

It is bloody hard work and one must be prepared to work at it, to make it work.

If anything I would have to say that one’s marriage must be extremely sound and sincere, not a Prescott type affair, to make a success of it all.

Just how do these people struggle with the intellectual decision to get out of bed in the morning and even worse satisfy their basic human needs? Baffles me.

There was one bint who stated she had never been away from England except for a weeks holiday in Turkey………come to think of it…………at least it was for a week, which is a longer period of time than some have spent on our fair shores.
I guess it's about finding a place to live you dislike the least

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.