Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

3 Months... Is this a record?

3 Months... Is this a record?

Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:21 am
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice
Default 3 Months... Is this a record?

My mate and his missus are going back to England after 3 months coz they have had enough......Is this a record?
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:24 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 3 Months... Is this a record?

Originally Posted by Lenny the Lion
My mate and his missus are going back to England after 3 months coz they have had enough......Is this a record?
You hum it I'll play it
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:25 am
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
You hum it I'll play it
Are you on P
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:36 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
You hum it I'll play it

Didn't i hear it on the radio this morning????

Seriously Lenny, i cant see why people would go back after only 3 months, its not really giving it a go is it? I know that sometimes i think about 'home' and i wouldn't say im 100% settled here yet, but its all new still, and we have been here for nearly 4 months. You think after all the dosh they must have forked out they would at least stay the 6 months.

Last edited by Andrew Cross; Apr 30th 2006 at 5:41 am.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:40 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
So 2x
What exactly does that mean?
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:41 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about a record but it certainly seems a bit premature. You can hardly say 3 months is giving a new country a fair shot. I'd say 12 months is a bit more realsitic. Moving to a new country is always going to mean adjustments and a bit of a battle before anything resembling 'settling in' eventuates.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:42 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

So 2x
I found her reply amusing....record...hum it, play it....
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:43 am
Account Closed

So 2x
It's like a movie review rating. Better than
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:45 am
Account Closed

Actually I'm sorry to hear about your mate. Did both want to go back?
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:55 am
Susie..

Its actually not a record, one guy in wellington apparently left after 2 hours, claiming the dept had sold him the wrong information on the job etc and wanting them to reimburse his fares etc home.....
Old Apr 30th 2006, 6:03 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Its actually not a record, one guy in wellington apparently left after 2 hours, claiming the dept had sold him the wrong information on the job etc and wanting them to reimburse his fares etc home.....
Think I read that. I wonder if he really did go back so soon though. Seems to me anyone who flies halfway around the world, lands in a country then finds they been dudded on info etc would at least calm down, and spend a bit of time checking the place out before making a decision to fly straight back.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 6:05 am
Susie..

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Think I read that. I wonder if he really did go back so soon though. Seems to me anyone who flies halfway around the world, lands in a country then finds they been dudded on info etc would at least calm down, and spend a bit of time checking the place out before making a decision to fly straight back.
Yeah, you'd think after you spend all that time and effort getting here they would at least give it a go....
Old Apr 30th 2006, 6:33 am
Sly
Just Joined

Sly is on a distinguished road

Yeah, you'd think after you spend all that time and effort getting here they would at least give it a go....
Well, nobody knows their individual circumstances and reasons for going back.
I have not been long here myself but I would be a liar if I had said it had not crossed my mind as well.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 6:45 am
Susie..

Originally Posted by Sly
Well, nobody knows their individual circumstances and reasons for going back.
I have not been long here myself but I would be a liar if I had said it had not crossed my mind as well.
No, I agree...i have thought 'have i done the right thing' many times. I miss my family and friends very much. Saying that though, we spent a small fortune getting six of us to the other side of the world and Im going to give it my best shot....and i think that takes more than 3 months or so. Ive only just got a job and it will take awhile to get settled there too.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 7:07 am
Banned

No, I agree...i have thought 'have i done the right thing' many times. I miss my family and friends very much. Saying that though, we spent a small fortune getting six of us to the other side of the world and Im going to give it my best shot....and i think that takes more than 3 months or so. Ive only just got a job and it will take awhile to get settled there too.
I like it here and dont want to go back but why would someone have to stay a year in a place that they clearly dont like just for the sake of appearing to give it a go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.