British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   3 months to go!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/3-months-go-664556/)

Kate Rayner Apr 18th 2010 5:03 pm

3 months to go!!

Hello,

My name is Kate. I'm a UK citizen moving to Tauranga at the end of July. I will be joining my boyfriend (NZ resident) who is there at the moment. I spent 7 months in NZ from July 2009 to Feb 2010 - was really a fantastic extended holiday!

I'm back in the UK doing a maternity cover at the moment - I'm a teacher here.

I've got a WHV at the moment which I'll be changing to partnership visa before starting the scary process of Residency!!:fingerscrossed:

Really just want to be in contact with others going through the same thing, but more importantly hope to meet some people to meet up with on the other side of the world!!

Does anyone know of any netball teams? (I haven't played since uni - 11 years!!) So would need to be low level! Thought it might be fun to get back into and a good way to meet people! :thumbsup:

Kate

killercat Apr 18th 2010 7:00 pm

Re: 3 months to go!!

Hi Kate
Welcome to the site :) Unfortunatly i cant answer your question re netball as i am still on this side of the world :( Just wanted to say hi and welcom to BE. However hoping to also be moving end of July/August so am with you there. I m sure someone will be along soon to answer re the netball, good luck with it all
Jacki

Kate Rayner Apr 18th 2010 8:21 pm

Hi Jacki,

Thanks for the welcome. :) You must be getting excited about the move as well? Where in NZ are you planning to live?

Best of luck with the move.

Kate.

killercat Apr 18th 2010 8:35 pm

Hey kate,
Not 100% sure yet lol we were planning on the South Island initially but will depend on job prospects really, have had interviews so far for Auckland and Christchurch so will have to wait and see.
Jacki

BEVS Apr 18th 2010 9:22 pm

Kia Ora from New Zealand and welcome to this little NZ forum.

If you'd like to talk a wee bit about netball in Tauranga, try making a post to the motley lot:wub: in THIS THREAD ABOUT NETBALL IN TAURANGA. Click the link.

Happy Posting.:)

Kate Rayner Apr 18th 2010 9:45 pm

Hi,

Thank you. Looks like what I was looking for :thumbsup:

Kate

Am Loolah Apr 18th 2010 11:39 pm

Hi Kate, welcome to BE!:thumbup:

There are a fair few of us in Tauranga and we meet up pretty regularly. There is usually some imbibing of alcoholic beverages involved ...

I'll post on the netball thread when we've found a change of venue.:thumbsup:

Any queries re:Tauranga give us a shout.

Dewb09 Apr 19th 2010 6:38 am

Hi Kate welcome to the site :thumbsup: still here in UK as well :fingerscrossed: soon as house sold we are off!

Good luck with your plans

Dewb

MnB Apr 19th 2010 10:20 am

Hi Kate
Welcome to the forum & good luck with your plans, I'm sure you'll find some welcoming netball players (friends & drinking buddies;)) in these parts when you arrive.
Best wishes :thumbsup: B x

martyc Apr 19th 2010 1:34 pm

Hi Kate

Very best of luck with your move. I've also lived in NZ for a couple of years previously, so don't think its through rose-tinted specs. that I want my family to re-locate there. We are looking at next year and are thinking of the area around Titirangi.

Marty.

Kate Rayner Apr 19th 2010 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 8505912)
Hi Kate, welcome to BE!:thumbup:

There are a fair few of us in Tauranga and we meet up pretty regularly. There is usually some imbibing of alcoholic beverages involved ...

I'll post on the netball thread when we've found a change of venue.:thumbsup:

Any queries re:Tauranga give us a shout.

Hiya,
Pleased to hear there's quite a few of you in Tauranga - mind you, it is a lovely place!! :-)
I'm following the netball thread so I'll keep up to date!

Kate

Kate Rayner Apr 19th 2010 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 8506477)
Hi Kate welcome to the site :thumbsup: still here in UK as well :fingerscrossed: soon as house sold we are off!

Good luck with your plans

Dewb

Exciting stuff! Hope the house sale goes well - I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Kate

Kate Rayner Apr 19th 2010 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 8506952)
Hi Kate
Welcome to the forum & good luck with your plans, I'm sure you'll find some welcoming netball players (friends & drinking buddies;)) in these parts when you arrive.
Best wishes :thumbsup: B x

Thank you! If this site is anything to go by - I think you might be right. Feeling more positive already!!

Hope you're enjoying the autumn sunshine!

Kate

Kate Rayner Apr 19th 2010 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by martyc (Post 8507374)
Hi Kate

Very best of luck with your move. I've also lived in NZ for a couple of years previously, so don't think its through rose-tinted specs. that I want my family to re-locate there. We are looking at next year and are thinking of the area around Titirangi.

Marty.

Hi Marty,
Thank you. Yes - I feel I've lost my rose tinted glasses and will be going back with a bit more realism! Got to get my head around not being on holiday whilst being so close to the sea though! I hope your plans for the move go well.
Best wishes.

Kate

127luton Apr 20th 2010 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Kate Rayner (Post 8505228)
Hello,

My name is Kate. I'm a UK citizen moving to Tauranga at the end of July. I will be joining my boyfriend (NZ resident) who is there at the moment. I spent 7 months in NZ from July 2009 to Feb 2010 - was really a fantastic extended holiday!

I'm back in the UK doing a maternity cover at the moment - I'm a teacher here.

I've got a WHV at the moment which I'll be changing to partnership visa before starting the scary process of Residency!!:fingerscrossed:

Really just want to be in contact with others going through the same thing, but more importantly hope to meet some people to meet up with on the other side of the world!!

Does anyone know of any netball teams? (I haven't played since uni - 11 years!!) So would need to be low level! Thought it might be fun to get back into and a good way to meet people! :thumbsup:

Kate

Hi Kate... Welcome to BE - am also hoping to be out in NZ by end of August... so good luck with your move!
Berni
xxx