2nd Time Round

Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

johneastriggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2nd Time Round

Hello, Has anyone out there emigrated to NZ, come back to UK,let there PR run out and realised they want to re-emigrate back to NZ??
Old Sep 19th 2010, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

torren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2nd Time Round

Hi, we went out for 18mnths from 2005. Came back for 5 years and now heading back, but this time via Oz. There are some things that Australasia does much better than the UK, and some things the UK does much better than Australasia...so I suppose we'll be doing a few trips in each direction!!
Old Sep 19th 2010, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by torren
Hi, we went out for 18mnths from 2005. Came back for 5 years and now heading back, but this time via Oz. There are some things that Australasia does much better than the UK, and some things the UK does much better than Australasia...so I suppose we'll be doing a few trips in each direction!!
So did you or do you have residency?I see you are from Scotland as am I.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

torren is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, no, we had to let it lapse. I didn't want to, and did consider going back on my own for a while to keep it up. Anyway, it didn't matter in the end, we spent 5 great years in UK earning some money (something we struggled to do in NZ) but now ready for another adventure! We live near Perth. Had a fab time here and were very lucky to be able to land on our feet in a place like this after returning from NZ.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by torren
Hi, no, we had to let it lapse. I didn't want to, and did consider going back on my own for a while to keep it up. Anyway, it didn't matter in the end, we spent 5 great years in UK earning some money (something we struggled to do in NZ) but now ready for another adventure! We live near Perth. Had a fab time here and were very lucky to be able to land on our feet in a place like this after returning from NZ.
Oh well good luck in your new adventure,still not sure whats around the corner for us.Job uncertainties at present has got us thinking again.Will see wht the next year brings.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

ANTHONY2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, we are after the same answers. My husband has PR in NZ and we want to go and live in Australia, if he gets a work visa in Australia can we come back to NZ and use his PR again or does PR lapse?
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

tiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by johneastriggs
Hello, Has anyone out there emigrated to NZ, come back to UK,let there PR run out and realised they want to re-emigrate back to NZ??
oh no not me!!! I came back lasy year and am about to head out again but to Australia this time. It's the land of opportunity for me, NZ has had its day
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ANTHONY2
Hi there, we are after the same answers. My husband has PR in NZ and we want to go and live in Australia, if he gets a work visa in Australia can we come back to NZ and use his PR again or does PR lapse?
I believe if you get citizenship in NZ you can come and goa s you please in Oz
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

It's called being a 'ping ponger' and I simply can't get my head round why people do it since the international removals thing is so expensive ...anyone can make a mistake once but potentially the same mistake twice...with your eyes open?
Lots of threads on 'Moving back to the UK' on it. I actually think it's the expat curse thing of never feeling you belong anywhere once you have left for pastures new.

Janeyk has just come back and that's one example.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
and I simply can't get my head round why people do it since the international removals thing is so expensive ...anyone can make a mistake once but potentially the same mistake twice...with your eyes open?
Because we are human and we make mistakes?
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Charlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by luvwelly
...I actually think it's the expat curse thing of never feeling you belong anywhere once you have left for pastures new...
Bingo!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

tiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by johneastriggs
I believe if you get citizenship in NZ you can come and goa s you please in Oz
Yeah but you never get treated the same as an aussie citizen legally speaking. Best to migrate with PR and apply for citizenship after 4 years rather than be one of the hundreds of thousands of kiwis living in Australia.