Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

20% deposit needed to buy a house from oct

20% deposit needed to buy a house from oct

Old Sep 13th 2016, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Angeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20% deposit needed to buy a house from oct

The only way is up. I can't see anything changing, it's the new normal.

NZ house prices up: Check your region - Business - NZ Herald News
Old Sep 14th 2016, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

A4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angeshirl
The only way is up. I can't see anything changing, it's the new normal.

NZ house prices up: Check your region - Business - NZ Herald News
Auckland isn't immune from a global financial crisis
Old Sep 15th 2016, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting

All predictions of an Auckland housing market collapse proved wrong: Alexander | Stuff.co.nz
Old Sep 16th 2016, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Angeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I read this and I feel like it's more rhetoric towards renters 'failing' in life. I'm getting a lot of that at the moment.. 'You didn't study to be a doctor so why did you expect you'd ever own a home' type of stuff.
Old Sep 17th 2016, 12:45 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I read this and I feel like it's more rhetoric towards renters 'failing' in life. I'm getting a lot of that at the moment.. 'You didn't study to be a doctor so why did you expect you'd ever own a home' type of stuff.
Aye, neoliberalism: the only difference between the haves and have-nots is the inability of the have-nots to work as hard and make the right choices of the haves.
Old Sep 17th 2016, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

I think the most likely threat to the market comes from Australia. I feel that if the Aussie market crashes, and the noises from there seem ominous, it will set things in motion for us too. Although the noises have seemed ominous for a number of years.
Old Sep 17th 2016, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Aye, neoliberalism: the only difference between the haves and have-nots is the inability of the have-nots to work as hard and make the right choices of the haves.
Hmm except I made the choice to become a business owner and I busted a gut to get there. Oh but I still should 'despair' at the state of my life without a house in it.
Cannae win.
Old Sep 17th 2016, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

A4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond reputeA4Ron has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garethwm
I think the most likely threat to the market comes from Australia. I feel that if the Aussie market crashes, and the noises from there seem ominous, it will set things in motion for us too. Although the noises have seemed ominous for a number of years.
This too It's starting to hit the fan in Australia now... That article above is very short-sighted and contradictory to what David Hisco CEO of ANZ has been saying

I'm happy to jump back on this thread 18 months from now and eat humble pie, but the signs indicate I won't need to
Old Sep 17th 2016, 4:20 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm except I made the choice to become a business owner and I busted a gut to get there. Oh but I still should 'despair' at the state of my life without a house in it.
Cannae win.
But that's the point. Lot's of people "bust a gut" every day to get by.
Old Sep 17th 2016, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

The dice are not in your favour if you are part of the 99%.

The trickle-down is really the trickle-up, so get real.

Michael Hudson describes it as parasites taking over the host.

https://www.amazon.com/Killing-Host-.../dp/3981484282
Old Sep 19th 2016, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LoCarb
The dice are not in your favour if you are part of the 99%.

The trickle-down is really the trickle-up, so get real.

Michael Hudson describes it as parasites taking over the host.

https://www.amazon.com/Killing-Host-.../dp/3981484282
Fascinating book
Old Oct 24th 2016, 2:37 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

The reserve bank has made an official request for debt to income limits. At this point I doubt this will be approves or even discussed further before the next election.
Old Oct 24th 2016, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Charismatic
The reserve bank has made an official request for debt to income limits. At this point I doubt this will be approves or even discussed further before the next election.
I have to agree.

The booming housing market has been highly profitable for banks, and JK is most likely getting his share of this.

It's one reason National are encouraging high immigration even though this hugely disadvantages millennials from ever owning a house.

Speaking of millennials: a simple introduction to reality:

"The Millennials' Money"

Old Oct 25th 2016, 3:49 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

RBNZ to forecast future OCR changes. This should be good, the US Federal Reserve has got their forecasting wrong frequently by being over-optimistic. The economists game now will change from guessing the OCR to second guessing the OCR.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
I have no idea what neoliberalism is; but isn't the rest of your sentence describing something called life?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.