Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

2 Years In and Happy.

2 Years In and Happy.

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:04 am
livewire

Default 2 Years In and Happy.

Well, here we are - 2 years in NZ this month.

It's been worth it and we feel very settled here in Rodney on the North West Coast of NI.

It was very hard at first getting used to the climate, the lack of heating, the damp, the culture, the subdivisions, the roads, TV, etc. etc....you've heard it all before.... and forums can help to get you through those first months.

Hopeful immigrants who are put off by the so called "negative" posts on forums please remember that these are accounts of reality for many people, your own experience may well be different but at least you are going in with your eyes open.

Good luck to those of you who are returning home after giving it your best shot. It's hard to get established here and low salaries dont help at all.

I've been meaning to do this for a long time now and it's time to hang up my keyboard. Thanks to everyone on this board who has helped me since before I left the UK. I still think this is one of the most balanced and useful NZ forums on the net, it may not have the hit rates of some others but it is quality reading.

Take care y'all

Debbie.

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:08 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 Years In and Happy.

Best of Luck.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

pleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nice

oh no, don't go debbie!!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 1:05 am
Banned

Empty web roar is an unknown quantity at this point

have a good, forum free life.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 5:10 am
livewire

Thanks Guys.

Originally Posted by Empty web roar
have a good, forum free life.
This is what I hate about forums - all the sad stalkers, hope you manage to give up the booze one day love.

Old Jun 4th 2006, 5:31 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Livewire...
Hope the next few years are as happy as your last two.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:23 am
Banned

Empty web roar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by livewire
Thanks Guys.

This is what I hate about forums - all the sad stalkers, hope you manage to give up the booze one day love.

the hunter doesnt like being hunted? ah well!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:53 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livewire
Thanks Guys.

I think you should just come out and say who you mean toots instead of all this cloak and dagger stuff.
I don't think anyone is stalking you in reality.
All the best anyways and I hope you stay happy and healthy in NZ.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:11 am
livewire

Hi *** ! they've still not quite got your meds sorted out yet have they? It's all that wine - doesn't mix with the tablets you know.

Not many of us have an honest to goodness success story to tell but I do, it's bitter people like you who put people off from coming to this country. You try to validate your failures by convincing yourself that it is NZ that was wrong, and not you.

Perhaps I will stay around for a while longer yet, if for no other reason than to tell people that it is possible to make a go of it here.

Last edited by livewire; Jun 4th 2006 at 11:14 am.

Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:20 am
livewire

Hello Sky, well there was "Power", "Breathe" and now "Empty Web Roar"

Stalkers don't worry me at all, in fact I'm quite flattered to have such a following, I find it quite amusing

Thanks for your good wishes, the same to you too.

Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:32 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Debbie what are you on about, you need to calm down a bit I think.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:41 am
livewire

Yeah! I'm laughing my socks off here

Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:49 am
sky
Banned

Thank goodness you're happy then ... all the best x
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:52 am
livewire

Hence the title of this thread
Thanks again love, hope your plans work out too, it will be worth it in the end xx