British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   2 x 1 Way tickets (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/2-x-1-way-tickets-693319/)

mwhite1962 Nov 12th 2010 5:10 pm

2 x 1 Way tickets

We've done it......brought the tickets, flying out Christmas day!!!!!!!!

4pommes Nov 12th 2010 5:26 pm

Re: 2 x 1 Way tickets

wow!! that'll be a Christmas to rememebr then!

Has your journey so far been smooth??

chippy64 Nov 12th 2010 6:02 pm

Fabby! :thumbsup: Where are you off to?

mwhite1962 Nov 12th 2010 6:58 pm

We are off to Rotorua, calling into to see friends in christchurch first then driving up to the north island.
And it has been reasonably smooth, a hiccup with the medicals, but the time is flying by now!!

LukeandJo Nov 12th 2010 9:52 pm

Christmas day! Turkey at 40,000 ft over Turkey!

RobDon Nov 12th 2010 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by mwhite1962 (Post 8978217)
We are off to Rotorua, calling into to see friends in christchurch first then driving up to the north island.
And it has been reasonably smooth, a hiccup with the medicals, but the time is flying by now!!

Hi there, Firstly Congratulations! ;)
We are in Rotorua :thumbup: Any help we can be just give us a shout. ;)
What line of work are you in?

lisamct Nov 13th 2010 6:12 am

Fantastic news and what a xmas pressie to yourself!

See you when you get here...I'll stick the kettle on for ya:thumbup:

craigjohnstone Nov 17th 2010 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by mwhite1962 (Post 8978065)
We've done it......brought the tickets, flying out Christmas day!!!!!!!!

Mick/Caz - congratulations on your news! My wife and I are due to arrive in Auckland during the first week of March and we are now starting to look at flight options and baggage allowances. Do you mind me asking what route you ended up taking and who you are going with please?

Craig

bunnyphobia Nov 17th 2010 5:33 pm

Awesome! Have a safe journey and enjoy singing Christmas carols at 20,000 feet :)

mwhite1962 Nov 17th 2010 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by craigjohnstone (Post 8987536)
Mick/Caz - congratulations on your news! My wife and I are due to arrive in Auckland during the first week of March and we are now starting to look at flight options and baggage allowances. Do you mind me asking what route you ended up taking and who you are going with please?

Craig

Hi ,
You might want to try www.cheapflights.co.uk.
The are 2 companies which offer excess baggage, Singapore airlines and American airlines, make sure you read the reviews and make you own judgement, but am sure you will make the same conclusion as us, cheapest not always best!!, the one way flights also work out cheaper rather than booking through the airlines themselves.
Hope this will be of some help and good luck with the move, any other queries, dont hesitate, i will get caroline to answer as she is graet with this sort of stuff!!

mick

mwhite1962 Nov 17th 2010 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by bunnyphobia (Post 8987578)
Awesome! Have a safe journey and enjoy singing Christmas carols at 20,000 feet :)

Thanks everyone for the welcome!
I have been reading some negative stuff on here just lately, but guessing you could find problems wherever you go and it is called New Zealand, not Shangri la ( spelling dont look right? lol ) Anyway, always as far back as i can remember, i have always fancied coming to nz, so after caz and i visited earlier on in the year, we loved it, and as the kids are grown up, there was nothing to keep us in the uk, so here we are.
Hope to share a bottle of Chateau neuf with you all.

Mick

JaneRiley Nov 19th 2010 5:15 am

NZ wine rules!! been here a year and it's been such a roller coaster but if you want to love it - you will. Best wishes.

londonescapee Nov 21st 2010 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by mwhite1962 (Post 8988244)
Thanks everyone for the welcome!
I have been reading some negative stuff on here just lately, but guessing you could find problems wherever you go and it is called New Zealand, not Shangri la ( spelling dont look right? lol ) Anyway, always as far back as i can remember, i have always fancied coming to nz, so after caz and i visited earlier on in the year, we loved it, and as the kids are grown up, there was nothing to keep us in the uk, so here we are.
Hope to share a bottle of Chateau neuf with you all.

Mick

Good luck with the move, you are coming at the right time of year just as it is getting lovely and sunny :thumbsup: NZ is just what you make of it, sure it has problems, but where doesn't? We love it here, and loads of people do :) hope you find your own personal Shangri La here :D

bevissa65 Nov 22nd 2010 4:29 am

whoo hoo:thumbsup: What a great time of year to start a new life!! Congrats and safe journey. Hope you like this little bit of paradise :thumbsup: Bevissa