Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

2 weeks left in New Zealand.

2 weeks left in New Zealand.

Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Moliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really nice
Default 2 weeks left in New Zealand.

It's 2 weeks now until we fly out of Auckland on our Journey home after living here for 14 months.We are moving back to the UK for a number of reasons. However people have asked me what I will miss the most and I can honestly say the only thing (except for a few great people) is the country's natural beauty,can't live on a view though! I'd be interested in hearing what one thing others would miss or do miss now they have returned?

Last edited by Moliknickers; Nov 7th 2011 at 7:20 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:29 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 weeks left in New Zealand.

Originally Posted by Moliknickers
It's 2 weeks now until we fly out of Auckland on our Journey home after living here for 14 months.We are moving back to the UK for a number of reasons. However people have asked me what I will miss the most and I can honestly say the only thing (except for a few great people) is the country's natural beauty,can't live on a view though! I'd be interested in hearing what one thing others would miss or do miss now they have returned?
for me the attitude to the outdoors and sport, the Kiwi get up and go thing that rubs off on the expats.
I'd not be playing football twice a week in Blighty, and from what I hear the are no Saturday leagues any more.

Would also miss the beaches, space, daylight and many of the people.....but that's cheating
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

good luck in your return

we miss the weather ( winter was not to bad ) we were in tauranga
and our friends, we have been back every year since we came back to uk
still have a job offer, could be back next year going again this december
Old Nov 7th 2011, 9:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

All the very best for your return to the UK. I hope everything goes smoothly and you settle back well.

I think I would miss the lack of people & the space because of the lack of people. I can see that changing here though as more and more sub-divisions appear on what were green fields.

Can't think of anything else at all right now.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 11:02 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for your return. Hope it all goes ok. I don't know what I'd miss on leaving NZ. I miss the UK more now I'm here than I would miss NZ should we return to the UK.
We used to do out door circuit training (British Military Fitness). We don't do out door circuit training anymore . We just can't seem to find a similar thing here. Gym ? Oh purleeze ! We enjoyed Boxfit until the timetable changed. Outdoor Boxfit has yet to materialise. I miss my weekly (Rosemary Conley) diet class. I'll look into keeping up with it online. Not the same though. I could join a local diet group but it won't be the same. My husband and I are training for the local 10km run on 10 December. That should be good. Usual story with NZ, I just (or have learned to) shrug my shoulders and say, 'near enough'.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Very best of luck with the new life. Incidentally, has this proved to be an expensive experiment for you?

I am heading for Aus on Saturday and then possibly on to the UK in Jan/Feb if that doesn't work out.

(Heading for Aus, at least) it's easier to think of things I won't miss than things I will. Meathead employers and drivers with their clapped out old cars certainly spring to mind in that category.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Moliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really nice

Originally Posted by DC10
Very best of luck with the new life. Incidentally, has this proved to be an expensive experiment for you?

I am heading for Aus on Saturday and then possibly on to the UK in Jan/Feb if that doesn't work out.

(Heading for Aus, at least) it's easier to think of things I won't miss than things I will. Meathead employers and drivers with their clapped out old cars certainly spring to mind in that category.
We return a little poorer but richer for the experienceI suppose we were lucky we had jobs and an income from our house (no mortgage) just became a big adventure really, managed to get to Sydney and Rarotonga and will travel to Bali on the way home.Caught up with the Kiwi cousins here and lived a different life for a while.We go back to the house and village we left.Yes it does cost a lot to do this IMO, however to me it's all about what you do with your life not what you got
Old Nov 8th 2011, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Good luck for your future travels. Did you ever consider moving to Oz from here and what did you think of Sydney?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 1:40 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Very best wishes for your return. At least you had a different experience and hopefully take some good memories with you.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by whitesand
Good luck for your future travels. Did you ever consider moving to Oz from here and what did you think of Sydney?
Loved Sydney but to be honest we love the UK more!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Home is where the heart is !!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Justcol
Home is where the heart is !!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:13 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Molinickers, you too DC10. It's a big world and life's too short not to be happy doing what you do.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:26 am
Just Joined

Addictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to all

Its 2 weeks until we leave NZ and also head back to the UK.I have so many mixed emotions after living here for nearly 8 years and having 3 babies.

I am going to miss that my kids can run round with no shoes on,the weather and the scenery and outdoor lifestyle, but like you I can not live on this stuff and thats why we are going back just cannot make ends meet here.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you Moliknickers, look forward to hearing your reflections when you get settled back in the UK.

Quite honestly we have nothing here that we didn't have in the UK, except for money worries.

The views from the places that we spend 99% of our life; home, garden, office, other people's house or shops, certainly ain't nothing to write home about and may as well be Milton Keynes / Basingstoke or any suburban sprawl in the world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.