Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

2 weeks left in New Zealand.

2 weeks left in New Zealand.

Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 2 weeks left in New Zealand.

Originally Posted by Ray and Debbie
another thing you really need to live in another country and experience their way of life to realise how spoilt you are in the UK.What with NHS,good wages,European debt crisis on your doorstep,cheap food,e.t.c........................
+1......and how[/QUOTE]

Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Id give anything to go back to the UK, there really aint anything in NZ worth staying for.

But I would need plenty of money and a good income, unfortunately I will have to be here short term at least.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:42 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck on your move..... You could have picked a better time though.....just don't buy a newspaper when you get here, spend the money on a sun lamp....
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Moliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Best of luck on your move..... You could have picked a better time though.....just don't buy a newspaper when you get here, spend the money on a sun lamp....
Singapore, Bali and Thailand for 4 weeks instead of a sun lamp..and I don't read the papers anymore!! Then CHRISTMAS!!
Good luck to all of you living it, lived it or planning it!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Addictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DC10
+1......and how
[/QUOTE]

When the Euro does go down the pan don't think you are going to be sitting under your lemon tree with your jandels on thinking life is hunky dory as its going to have an impact on the whole of the world and that includes NZ.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:37 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Addictedtosushi

When the Euro does go down the pan don't think you are going to be sitting under your lemon tree with your jandels on thinking life is hunky dory as its going to have an impact on the whole of the world and that includes NZ.
Well if the whole world goes to custard I've got my chooks, my veggie patch, my strawberry patch, my grapes and my lemon tree here and only 4 million other people to fight with over resources, so maybe I will be sitting under my lemon tree with my jandals on
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:02 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DC10
+1......and how
[/QUOTE]

naughty - that debt crisis may well kick numerous other parts of the world in the gonads, so don't get too cocky
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:05 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Well if the whole world goes to custard I've got my chooks, my veggie patch, my strawberry patch, my grapes and my lemon tree here and only 4 million other people to fight with over resources, so maybe I will be sitting under my lemon tree with my jandals on
I'd rather be in NZ in 20 years time than the UK or Europe and that was the reason we came but it's one hell of a struggle and not sure that we'll make it or not have to take 10 years back there to make so dough to retire on......

sound farmiliar?

oh yeah and respect to the others who have pointed out that NZ is connected to the rest of the world....... albeit in some areas only nominally
Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Addictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
The thought of sucking on lemons for weeks/months/years does not sound to appealing to me.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Addictedtosushi
The thought of sucking on lemons for weeks/months/years does not sound to appealing to me.
I'll be adding mine to Gin & Tonics, making lemon cheesecake, lemon sorbet etc. So I think we'll cope
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

I envy you that lovely winter Christmas you are heading for....the thing I'd be saddest about leaving behind would be decent latte coffees in various Wellington Cafes but I'm sure the UK will catch on eventually....Australia had much better coffees in general I noticed recently than it did 3 years ago.

Best wishes - maybe see you on MBTUK forum????
Old Nov 10th 2011, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Moliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really nice

Originally Posted by luvwelly
I envy you that lovely winter Christmas you are heading for....the thing I'd be saddest about leaving behind would be decent latte coffees in various Wellington Cafes but I'm sure the UK will catch on eventually....Australia had much better coffees in general I noticed recently than it did 3 years ago.

Best wishes - maybe see you on MBTUK forum????
Old Nov 11th 2011, 3:16 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

When the recession is done in Europe, how ever long it takes, it will then call on Australasia. Time to make plans perhaps ?
Old Nov 11th 2011, 6:29 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray and Debbie
When the recession is done in Europe, how ever long it takes, it will then call on Australasia. Time to make plans perhaps ?
Not unless they detach the worse parts of Europe that the French and Germans are trying to prop up and tow them down your way......
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, no worries, we have that she'll be right cloak of invincibility to protect us.

Not that this is X-Factor for financial crises and there's no prizes to see whose economic disaster is the bigger or better, but seems that some people have either very short or selective memories.

Have people forgotten the 1997 to 2001 Asian financial crisis? Quite understand it probably passed some of you by, but it was a fairly substantial disaster for NZ and plenty of people here still wincing and carrying those scars.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Nov 11th 2011 at 7:38 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.