Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

2 week hotel self-isolation in Auckland

2 week hotel self-isolation in Auckland

Old May 25th 2020, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

devonport12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 week hotel self-isolation in Auckland

Has anyone recently done this? I assume hotel was assigned you could not choose. Just wondered what it was like. Were you watched/ monitored? On the website it says hotel and food is paid for.
Old May 25th 2020, 6:18 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 week hotel self-isolation in Auckland

Has anyone recently done this? I assume hotel was assigned you could not choose. Just wondered what it was like. Were you watched/ monitored? On the website it says hotel and food is paid for.
No, you can't choose the hotel. Yes, you're monitored - you cannot leave the hotel but you're permitted to have a supervised daily walk within the hotel grounds. You're provided with 3 meals a day, and while dietary requirements are accommodated individual food preferences are not. Meals are delivered to your room in disposable containers. You can order in food from local supermarkets or restaurants at your own cost.
https://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil....in-its-tracks/
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/...order-controls

Last edited by spouse of scouse; May 25th 2020 at 6:22 pm.
Old May 25th 2020, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 week hotel self-isolation in Auckland

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...s-strict-rules has hit the news today, has a few links in it to give you some info. My bro was one of the first in isolation and he got the Pullman, that's the one you want! I don't know if the rules have changed (I hope they have!) since but he was allowed out, even to go to a local shop but other than a walk to the local park he didn't feel he should have that much freedom and so didn't. He had loads of fire alarms with staff running around saying 'false alarm, no evacuation!' and daily meetings on how he was getting home after 14 days but that side is all good now it's all opened up

Last edited by Timmy Chch; May 25th 2020 at 7:22 pm.