Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

2 week fact finding mission

2 week fact finding mission

Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:28 am
Just Joined

simonandlozzie has a spectacular aura aboutsimonandlozzie has a spectacular aura aboutsimonandlozzie has a spectacular aura about
Default 2 week fact finding mission

Hi...... my hubby and I are finally going over to Auckland on 16th Nov for a couple of weeks. In this time, we are hoping to see some Employment Agencies (details given to us by a Company called Kiwi Emigration - if anyone has heard of them, your feedback would be useful please) and get an idea of the country, people, job situations etc etc as much info as we can possibly achieve within these 2 weeks.
Does anyone have any helpful tips, contacts or information that we should or shouldn't be doing whilst over there. As mentioned, we are only there for 2 weeks and I want to do ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING I need to make our contacts/connections etc to try and get a step further into the job market before coming back to the UK. Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Lorraine and Simon
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:36 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: 2 week fact finding mission

Hello Lorraine and Simon,

What sort of work are you looking for? It might help you save time by researching agencies that have strengths in certain industries and then give them a ring and set up some appointments.

Good luck on your job recce.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:46 am
Just Joined

simonandlozzie has a spectacular aura aboutsimonandlozzie has a spectacular aura aboutsimonandlozzie has a spectacular aura about

Hi happynz
Thanks for your comments.
We are going to use a company based the in UK called 'Kiwi Emigration' to help us - apparently they have contacts in NZ and recruitment companies and said they would forward the CV beforehand to try and get things moving or interviews if need be, so hopefully they will be able to define the jobs by looking at the CV, but I will inform them as to the job specs my hubby is after, like you say, it will hopefully save time.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

McGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really nice

Personally I'd do my own research as well and make contact with employers/agencies myself. If you've done your own research you'll be one step ahead. Have you tried the workingin.com website?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Hi McGowans
Many thanks for the info, I will try that website.
We did in fact get in contact with a couple of agencies, but some didn't even bother to reply and the others said we need to be 'over in New Zealand', so we will touch base with them then.
Many thanks again.